Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:07 PM

4,988 posts, read 8,996,077 times

Advertisements

He's the article for what they did in Huntington for this drill. This might give you some info to start with. It looks like it was called the 2008 Coalition Warrior Interoperability Demonstration so running a google search for this might give you more info. Hope this helps.
Tim

Emergency drill planned for Tuesday - Huntington, WV -- The Herald-Dispatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 06:14 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,329,949 times
These practice drills are done 2 times a year...always pretty secret..they only people involved are the Emergency Services, military and law enforcement...they crazy things was the small report given after the drill said they wanted more volunteers...how can they keep it secret and want volunteers at the same time...
If this happens in reality...it will be a catastrophie here, no food stores...people will die along the highway...how will they get medical attention...without a plan and the infrastructure for it, we will have refugee camps here like the camps on the Ethopian borders...the difference being these will be our people...

thanks, bailey...you never fail the data...most local papers had a 16 line notice after the drill...nothing that really said anything...

Old 08-12-2008, 07:49 AM

404 posts, read 1,189,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
22 counties will be involved in the practice drill today and tomorrow...from Montgomery County Maryland to Columbus, Ohio. Involves the Emergency Preparedness Departments of Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio.
In the event of a major event in DC, a mass of people would be evacuated to the heartland of the USA...via established routes overland. Not much will be seen but a lot of things will be tested...It's only a drill.
Do you know what the route is? I'm guessing Into Morgantown, down 79 then across route 50?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:26 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,329,949 times
The main route is DC I-270...I-68 thru Maryland ...I-79 to Morgantown...I-70 Washington, Pa to Columbus, Ohio. The idea is to evacuate 200,000 people into the heartland of the USA.

Parallel routes using Rt 40 through Pa and Rt 50 through Va and WV will also be used in the event something happens...the bottleneck of course is getting them through the mountains...
If I lived in the DC region, I would have a 24 hour survival kit made up and ready to go..
This is a 5 gallon bucket with emergency items...the web has the make up of these kits if you are interested...they can be taken by the handle and used instantly...contain some food, lighting, fire making items...see any web site about them...

Old 06-12-2009, 02:42 AM

58 posts, read 136,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Only in WV... I'm going to a dance recital in Boone County tonight. Just heard that one of the "star" students will not be dancing because last night she was bit in the foot/leg by a Copperhead.

I figure the chances of winning the lottery are a zillion times better than missing your rectial because of a Copperhead bite.

I've known people to get injured the day before falling down stairs, etc. It's not funny but... !!!! (She is doing OK but, poor thing, gals put sooo much work for months into getting ready for their recital).

Do you have any good "Only in WV" stories? I just love our state .
I read a story about an elderly man who didn't ensure that his outhouse received the proper maintenance that an outhouse needs. One day when he was outside using his outhouse the floor fell in. He could not get himself out and was left standing in his own crap and lye. He was down in this outhouse for two whole days when on Monday morning the mail man heard him yelling for help and rescued him. It was said that the first thing that he asked for upon his resuce was a coke.

Whether this is true or not I do not know, I just know that I have heard this story more than once.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 593 times
Default love each other

I am a black male I have no problems living in west va In fact martinsburg is one of the fastest city growing in the east panhandle. In fact there getting a hilton garden inn a fairfield inn by marriott revaming the mall and revaming downtown they also have the marc train that takes most of us into dc to work and a amtrac I work in maryland a 15 20 min ridet to work.. and in about 3 to 4 years they will be a getting a metro station that will go into dc. I did not like it at first growing on me daily
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia