Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:54 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
. . keeping the other guy's idiotic ideas in check.
That's what our government initially was set up as, a system of checks and balances.

And if you agree with that, you can fully understand what Nancy Pelosi did -- she waived it away when she said, "impeachment is off the table" regarding Dick Cheney and George W. Bush, thus paving the way for a fascist government.

You can't just blame Republicans for this movement to fascism, Nancy Pelosi is a Democrat. That so few Democrats supported any impeachment, is a statement unto itself -- they all have their hands in the cookie jar.

Politicians spent $100 million dollars on blowjob gate to impeach Clinton, and they won't lift a finger to arrest Dick Cheney, George W. Bush, et.al., for criminal activity, which includes treason, war crimes, unsurping our Constitution, and the greatest fraud in history, the Iraq War (although actually, the bailout will trump that fraud). Democrats are a sham! They are corrupt as Republicans, just as fascist, and just as eager to destroy this country.

I don't care how many lemmings follow the snake oil salesman Obama towards the sea, he's not my Messiah. George W. Bush, et.al., courtesy of both Democrats and Republicans, has paved the way for the next occupant of the White House to be a dictator.

Zeig Heil baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 12:04 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,991,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Will be interesting to see which way WV goes - sure looks too close to call.

What's the weather forecast for election day? The weather always makes a difference in how many people actually go to the polls.
ha ha does anyone even vote on election day anymore ? Everyone I know votes early or does an absentee ballot.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:22 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
R if you were a woman, you'd be diagnosed with hormonal problems. Just thought I'd let you try on my shoes a minute here in light of the fact that for over a year I've been pointing out that the economy is in serious trouble. Please don't anyone take my word for it, go ahead and ask the GAO. The consequences have the potential of burdening 3 or more generations ahead with oppressive taxation just trying to get the national debt under control from the credit card policies in effect just these past 8yrs. U.S. National Debt Clock

No, I don't think you're hysterical. I think you've got a severe case of selective memory & you're not alone. There are volumes of incidents & statistical data from 2000-2006 while republicans controlled the house, senate, and executive of our country, but all I keep hearing from republicans is that somehow it's still the fault of 'the other guy'.

This 'other guy' sure does sound like an imaginary friend children have to conveniently blame for every misdeed they do. Are you willing to recognize how uncanny your prediction of what Obama would be in office directly correlates to the propaganda of a party line? Obama doesn't have the history most politicians are plagued with already so you'll call him hitler? You'd rather believe someone who files a lawsuit 3 months prior to a crucial election, despite having the same grounds to file that lawsuit well in advance of the primary elections. Who wants to sell me the story that Hillary blew off a chance to win the primary on a technicality that could eliminate her opponent with minimal efforts on her part?

GOP is up in arms carrying on with lawsuits over Ohio elections. When I mentioned that an Ohio official made a deal with diebold and chose to install those machines despite being presented with evidence that tampering was going on, did I specify that the official was republican? Election tampering is illegal no matter what party is involved. Where was republican outcry when florida voters were falsely accused of being convicted felons and denied their right to vote? Did I mention that republicans were the decision makers in florida? So long as it favors them they have no problem with rigged elections? That preserves the american way?

You have a problem with ACORN? I don't. They're reminding every citizen that We the People includes them and just because they make less $$ doesn't mean their vote counts for less. That supports the constitution in defiance of their well heeled lobbyist counterparts. It's not their job to police who registers to vote or dictate which party they affiliate. It's the job of the board of elections for each state without partisanship to screen anyone registering to vote with clear mandates. If they're not doing the job, that's legit grounds for dismissal. If they're tasked with following along with state legislation that prescribes bogus methodology undermining free elections, why aren't state legislators being held accountable? If any board of elections is underfunded from downsizing and privatizing govt functions, how whacked out is it to blame dems for what repubs have pushed so hard for since the reagan 80's?

I accept that you take issue with obama for your own reasons and you won't catch me trying to change your mind because he still hasn't earned my vote. However, your reasons have no bearing on his position on issues because you've not mentioned a single one, nor do your reasons hold the current administration, or his major opponent, to the same benchmark of standards. You've made yourself less credible by use of characterizations blatantly aimed at smearing Obama.

This is how you lose even if you 'win'. We haven't been one country for 8 yrs as a result of these hateful tactics & abuse of the truth. Would you rather kill America to see your issues 'win'? Religious right played that card and came up short twice, current administration referred to them as 'religious nuts' (?) after they were securely in office. I suggest those true religious brush up on King Solomon and rethink how they've interpreted silence from the other side of the aisle. I suggest you stick with facts, because the sheer scope of filter I have to put on my ears rendered your message unintelligible.

Anyone interested in candidates other than McCain or Obama, there's a comprehensive list at this home page, but the link below is the page for major candidates that includes 3rd party candidates getting little to no press time or discussion.
Project Vote Smart - 2008 Presidential Candidates

No matter who wins the election, they'll be inheriting an unprecedented nightmare of cumulative economic mismanagement that they can either continue to mismanage or confront directly. That's a single issue, excluding the preservation of the constitution, social issues, standards of education, infrastructure, immigration, energy policy, foreign policy, consumer protection... ad infinitum. There's no miraculous candidate to erase what is water under the bridge. There are candidates that believe they can turn this boat we're on together in a better direction, or aim for shoals insisting a straight line will improve our collective situation. Nothing more, nothing less. Go ahead and decide who is whom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia