Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
x1x

227 posts, read 805,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
If you recall, Randy Weavers crime was allegedly selling two sawed-off shot guns to undercover ATF agents. Killed his 16 y/o son, and his wife. Government paid him $100,000.

David Koresh's neighbor alleges he heard "automatic" weapons fire on their property. Yet he had never heard automatic fire, so how would he have know the difference between auto/semi? They also said he had "bomb making material". You ever see those dummy hand grenades mounted to a plaque with the Customer service "take a number" on it? That and the fact that he had cleaning materials found in under any sink in America.

The powers that be will do as they please. We live in a Marxist Police state. Don't think something as silly as a birth certificate will slow anything down. For that matter, McCain wasn't born in the United States either. I'm certain those voices who keep bringing it up will find themselves under some sort of investigation soon. Just like in China, Nazi Germany, Russia, Cambodia, Cuba, France... those who oppose will disappear. One way or another.
I don't believe selling a sawed off shotgun, that anyone with a hack saw can do, gives the government the right to order a kill on sight order!!!! and I recall the incident very well,

Old 12-12-2008, 11:45 AM

967 posts, read 2,994,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x View Post
I don't believe selling a sawed off shotgun, that anyone with a hack saw can do, gives the government the right to order a kill on sight order!!!! and I recall the incident very well,
As with the Waco incident, I think this demonstrates how vulnerable we are. Both case were based on demonstrably flawed evidence.

Given the powers under the Patriot Act, these same agents can now enter and search your home, computers, bank accounts...whatever they feel like searching, and don't have to tell you for 90 days. They do not need to go before a Judge and say exactly what they're looking for, just carte blanch to rummage through your stuff. Good luck proving that whatever they *find* isn't yours.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:53 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,310,545 times
Have the 'Days of Janet Reno returned?

Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 PM

938 posts, read 2,897,358 times
Yeah...the fringe Republicans are scratching the bottom of the barrel on this one. This is about as bad as the "Bush orchestrated 9/11" nonsense from 5 years ago.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:56 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,379 times
Quote:
. . Don't think something as silly as a birth certificate will slow anything down. For that matter, McCain wasn't born in the United States either. I'm certain those voices who keep bringing it up will find themselves under some sort of investigation soon. Just like in China, Nazi Germany, Russia, Cambodia, Cuba, France... those who oppose will disappear. One way or another.
It's not just about the certificate of live birth, which nobody has seen except Hawaii officials, and purportedly, factcheck, as Obama has sealed nearly all records of his past (as you say, scrubbed).

He has (or has had) dual-citizenship, and if there is murkiness of the "intent" of what "natural born citizen" means, it's why these cases are before the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS).

You are correct, there was (and still is) a challenge to McCain's status as "natural born citizen" too, which lingers with validity to the argument, i.e.,

NY Times, 2008/07/11
In April, the Senate approved a nonbinding resolution declaring that Mr. McCain is eligible to be president. Its sponsors said the nation’s founders would have never intended to deny the presidency to the offspring of military personnel stationed out of the country.

A lawsuit challenging Mr. McCain’s qualifications is pending in the Federal District Court in Concord, N.H.
The New York Times > Log In

Obviously, it's easy for some to throw around dismissive insults about this, but those ploys are hypocritical, or without merit, ignoring McCain is part of these lawsuits too, because the political parties, and/or basically, all involved responsible for election integrity, failed to vet these candidates as eligible.

The Senate can have a "non-binding resolution" to make chewing bubble gum with the aluminum wrapper painless, but it's SCOTUS who decides Constitutional law when these types of cases are brought before it -- and we're back to the definition and intent of "natural born citizen".

“NATURAL BORN CITIZEN”: DEFINED BY 14TH AMENDMENT FRAMERS AND IN TREATISE RELIED ON BY SCALIA « Natural Born Citizen

OT : I've heard of censorship happening regarding Obama, but now I've experienced it too -- this same thread, different website, a debate forum, has been deleted without explaination. The silence speaks volumes.

Last edited by r601020; 12-12-2008 at 07:26 PM..

Old 12-13-2008, 12:55 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,379 times
Quote:
. . gross ignorance of the facts
Ronald Reagan took a suitcase of drug money in illegal campaign contributions via Oliver North, et.al., and sold arms to a country, which at the time, had declared war on the United States. Some make excuses, it was for the release of the hostages, it was to fund an illegal covert operation in South America, or Oliver North was just the fall guy, etc. However, the Constitution was at the time, and still is, very clear, this was an act of treason (not to mention a slew of other criminal actions too).

Most people in this country laughed that Iran declared war on us, and perhaps are still laughing now that Iran is within reach of building nuclear weapons. The point is not to whip up anti-Iran sentiment . . it's that people chose ignorance regarding Ronald Reagan at the time, and out of their own mouths came, "We need a strong leader". So under the Reagan administration (VP Bush Sr., former CIA Director, son of a Nazi), history noted the initiation of Rex 84 and similar operations, not aimed at some enemy abroad, but at the citizen.

I don't know a lot of things, so I read and listen as best I'm able, but fill a room with a thousand people, and ask how many have read The Patriot Act, The Military Commissions Act, The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Act . . and I'd guess, maybe one hand would be raised, if that. Watching a government arming itself to the teeth in weaponry and law against the citizen, is disturbing . . as is, the hive mentality who have been dumbed-down where they would waive away their freedoms and embrace tyranny.

I'm not kidding, The Department of Homeland Security has a handout to local law enforcement that people who talk about the Constitution are suspect as terrorists.

"My husband and I know that there is no law that will stop him from becoming the president, just because some American white racists are bringing up the issue of my husband's adoption by his step father."
-- Michelle Obama

And what law is that? The Constitution?

Congress (there are exceptions) in full cooperation with the current occupant of the White House, and those prior from Reagan forward, have set the stage for this country to become fascist, so regarding intelligence, I received a note today, "Dude, you're a ****ing idiot!".

I'm concerned about who occupies the White House next, especially if their actions are an assault on the Constitution via fraud and introducing Sharia finance compliance in this country via the bailout. Individually, there are people who do care, but my take on the masses, is they are plugged into the propaganda. I've been keeping my expectations low on educated responses regarding this issue.

Sorry about the long way home. Just wanted to say, try not to hate them, or get sucked into their arguments, it only serves their purpose, which is, distraction. They want the fight on their terms . . having nothing to do with facts.

Fact : There are cases before the US Supreme Court challenging Barack Hussein Obama's eligibility under our Constitution to be President. And there are more coming.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:18 PM

967 posts, read 2,994,788 times
Well written R. I doubt your claim of "not knowing a lot of things"

~Mark

Old 12-15-2008, 06:35 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
snopes.com: Is Barack Obama a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:08 AM
x1x

227 posts, read 805,437 times
Interesting facts about citizenship, However I wonder what country would a person be from that was born on a ship crossing the ocean and docking in a US port? Would it be a citizen of the country that the ship departed from? or would it be a citizen of the flag the ship was flying under? or would it be a citizen of the US where the ship docked? or would it be a citizen of the country that the parent was from?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:09 AM

59 posts, read 101,326 times
I find it strange how little people actually know about different governments. Example the difference between fascism and communism, the difference between a parliamentarian democracy and a representative democracy. For that matter the difference between Polpot and Khrushchev, or Hitler and Stalin. And the fact that someone actually put France in legion with Cambodia and Cuba just makes my point even that more valid. Just keep listening to the radio and FOX, and CNN for that matter... it's not news, it's regurgitated propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia