Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2007, 05:41 AM

109 posts, read 439,984 times

Advertisements

Any know information on this company. I know is a satelite company if found there web site. They hire quite often i was just wondering how there pay was and how the company is itself. Thank you
Its located in bluefield wv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 03:04 AM

240 posts, read 732,230 times
Default Echostar

Echostar is in Bluewell but only a few miles from Bluefield. I've never worked there but known people who do and it is considered a good place to work. Pay is above average for the area and there are benefits including health insurance. I believe shift work is required. They run ads quite frequently so are usually hiring.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 AM

Default thank you

what is shift work? is it like rotating shifts or something. thanks again

Old 03-15-2007, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygrl707 View Post
what is shift work? is it like rotating shifts or something. thanks again
I meant instead of working 8-4, you may have to work 4-midnight. Since I havent' worked there, I don't know what their shifts are but have known people who were assigned second shift. I have worked in other jobs with shift work and generally speaking, new hires don't get the coveted first shifts until they've worked somewhere for awhile. That may not apply to Dish. And it would probably be dependent on what job you were hired for. I'd check out their website. It probably has a link for applying for jobs and you could see what's available.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:56 PM

7 posts, read 27,143 times
Default Echostar Satellites

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygrl707 View Post
Any know information on this company. I know is a satelite company if found there web site. They hire quite often i was just wondering how there pay was and how the company is itself. Thank you
Its located in bluefield wv.
Citygrl, The company is probably a contractor or distributor for Echostar. The company in Bluefield you're referring to is, I believe, the same one a friend of mine once worked for. Alot of six day weeks, but the pay, as I understand was pretty good. Not aware of any benefits. Most hire on as sub-contractors.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:58 PM

7 posts, read 27,143 times
One question to ask would be, if the company is so good to work for, then why are they constantly advertising for hire? Unless the company is constantly expanding then that usually means a high turnover rate. Then again, you should ask that of any company you're considering.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Echostar

Actually, it's in Bluewell which is a stone throw's from Bluefield.

Echostar hires mostly incoming CSRs. They do seem to have a high turnover because they are always hiring. That may have to do with the shift work or maybe you just get burned out from people screaming at you. It takes a certain personality to do customer service work.

I believe they do offer benefits and pay is above average for the area.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:29 AM

Default thank you

I'm going to apply when i get there in june. I do alot of billing and cutomer service so hopefully i can get a job. thank you

Old 03-27-2007, 05:51 PM

180 posts, read 957,252 times
I worked there when I was in Princeton. It is in Bluewell about 2 blocks from Bluefield's city border.
I liked it. The reason for the high turn over is is almost all incoming customer service. People are either yelling at you or asking the same questions about their bills over and over. But I liked it.
Another reason for the high turnover is they hire a lot of young people either in college or just out of highschool etc. They burn out fast.
They were paying 8.00 an hour to start when I was there 2 years ago. They pay for your two week classroom training also. That's very good, unskilled wages for the area.

Good luck to you. I am sure if you like customer service you will enjoy it there. I did.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:53 AM

Default ok

thank you for your answers .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia