Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:02 AM

308 posts, read 798,916 times

Advertisements

Side street is done so hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer for the grand opening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 11:59 AM

8 posts, read 22,035 times
Hi!

(Obviously new to this forum - but great to see one about the area we live in!).

Like The Commons in the south, seeing the Sheetz and BK spring up in Spring Mills is exciting - the Wal-Mart is a great anchor (is the McD's ever NOT busy??)

I will admit the wife and I were disappointed initially - the color scheme of the BK (before the blue accents starting showing up) made us think it was going to be a Dunkin' Donuts - would have been cool to pick up a cup en route to H-Town to go to work.

I spoke to a rep at the Centra in the Wal Mart area - she said one thing being talked about for the flea market area was some kind of fun center (arcade, roller rink, rock climbing wall, etc) in one building.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 PM

240 posts, read 831,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ Opus View Post
Hi!

(Obviously new to this forum - but great to see one about the area we live in!).

Like The Commons in the south, seeing the Sheetz and BK spring up in Spring Mills is exciting - the Wal-Mart is a great anchor (is the McD's ever NOT busy??)

I will admit the wife and I were disappointed initially - the color scheme of the BK (before the blue accents starting showing up) made us think it was going to be a Dunkin' Donuts - would have been cool to pick up a cup en route to H-Town to go to work.

I spoke to a rep at the Centra in the Wal Mart area - she said one thing being talked about for the flea market area was some kind of fun center (arcade, roller rink, rock climbing wall, etc) in one building.
Welcome to the forum! I agree it is nice to see some progress in the Spring Mills area. The McDonald's is always packed and the Walmart parking lot seems to be getting more and more cars. I think Burger King will do well, but I also think a restaurant would do great. Maybe Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Fridays, etc. I'd say the Spring Mills area is within 5 years of really taking off.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 AM

Great news,burger king opened yesterday.wow,that was fast.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:50 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REESEY View Post
Great news,burger king opened yesterday.wow,that was fast.
I should of posted but forgot....actually it was open this weekend. We stopped by to pick up a application for my daughter and the parking lot was empty, at first we thought they were doing a trial run but they were open for business.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,853 times
I noticed that the lot (adjoining DR Horton's property) is now up for sale. This is the one that was supposed to be Rite Aid. It's been cleared, graded, and the entrances paved, but then everything stopped. I'll be interested to see what goes up.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:54 PM

240 posts, read 831,044 times
This isn't Potomac Station, but it is still in the Spring Mills/Falling Waters area:

This is at I81 Exit 23 Marlowe/Falling Waters.

The Herald-Mail

Food Lion has been announced at Riverside Marketplace, as well as plans for a 29,400-square-foot retail facility, a 3,684-square-foot bank, an 80-room hotel and two outparcels.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:37 AM

Berkeley County Planning Commission grants parking waiver to developer

July 11, 2011|By MATTHEW UMSTEAD | matthew.umstead@herald-mail.com

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — The Berkeley County Planning Commission Monday evening granted a waiver to a developer who plans to open a Dunkin’ Donuts and a Popeye’s Chicken & Biscuits restaurant in northern Berkeley County.
The Commission voted 7-1 to grant Nick Patel of Frederick, Md., a waiver to the county’s parking requirements for the proposed site in Spring Mills, W.Va. along the north side of W.Va. 901 at Vantage View Drive.
The businesses are proposed for two commercial buildings on a 1.26-acre site with 25 parking spaces.
Project engineer Richard B. Brill of Fox & Associates and property owner Allen Henry said after the planning commission meeting that the developer would like to open the businesses in the spring of 2012.

Advertisement

James “Jim” Whitacre, the Berkeley County Council’s representative on the Planning Commission, said after the meeting that the particular franchise businesses know their parking needs better than the county and suggested the county’s regulations need to be modified.
In other business, the Planning Commission granted preliminary plat approval to R.M. Roach & Sons Inc. of Martinsburg for the construction of a ROCS convenience store and fuel station along W.Va. 9 near Interstate 81 and Rock Cliff Drive.
The new location is proposed to be built on land owned by the company, a project representative told the commission.
The Planning Commission also voted to advance preliminary plans by the Back Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Department to build two fire station additions — a 1,736 square foot engine bay and a 540-square foot bunk room.
The station is at 1922 Back Creek Valley Road southwest of Hedgesville, W.Va.

FEATURED ARTICLES

Old 07-23-2011, 09:17 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,509,022 times
Default Riverside Square in Marlowe

It's been awhile since I've been on here!

Here is a site plan that I found of the new Riverside Square that is under construction in Marlowe (off exit 23 I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). So far we know that there will be a Food Lion, and an AC&T Travel Center with a Subway inside. If you zoom in on this site plan (save picture and open in Paint or Word), there are plans for about four pad sites, plus a chain-pharmacy (looks like the footprint of a Walgreen's or CVS) office spaces, commercial spaces (looks like one big box mixed with several smaller spaces) and two hotels. This project is much larger than I thought it was. -mmccul

8368 Williamsport Pike, Falling Waters, WV, 25419 - Commercial/Other (land) Property - Off-Market on LoopNet.com

Old 07-23-2011, 02:28 PM

6,068 posts, read 9,091,285 times
^^^ looks nice! It suprises me how much retail there actually is in our country though!

The EP is definatly building like a suburb though,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia