Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,379,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convex20899 View Post
Umm Cracker Barrel, Breakfast can I come ?
Sure.....You paying .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Well we had a good breakfast but got a big old reject sticker .

Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,883,540 times
Dealers are much tougher than small mom/pop type places.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
Dealers are much tougher than small mom/pop type places.
Thats nice to know. One problem is the brakes and we wanted to get them taken care of before our daughter took the vehicle over (we figured they needed some work) but they also found a leak in the power steering fluid.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:08 AM

19,771 posts, read 22,673,762 times
True story-
My inspection sticker was coming close to expiration so I opted to take my truck to the dealer down the street from where I worked (They shall remain nameless, primarily because they lost their franchise). I normally had my inspections done by a regular shop close to where I lived (and they did ALL major repairs for me for years)

I had to drop it off in the a.m., and figured 2 hours later all would be good. Well end of day rolls by, I call the service mgr and he says he'll cover the details when I get in. So I drop by, and he has a list of items he said were wrong with the truck. Claiming items not even related to the inspection were defective. Basically said my entire front end needed rebuilt, my in tank fuel module was faulty, blah, blah..

I politely said fine- I'll take my truck back and have my mechanics check it out. The service mgr. told me he was unable to release my vehicle because of the severity of the problems, and they needed to either be fixed there or have my vehicle towed out.

Whoa? Say what? I want ape sh*t on this dude, literally ape sh*t- I told him to get the owner (whom I knew well) and tell him what he just told me (which is illegal- my inspection sticker was still valid).

He finally let it go, but I went into the owners office anyway and told him what occured. Talk about egg on his face. He apologized and said he would take care of it.

So I took my truck to my mechanics, told them what transpired and they did a thorough inspection. Nothing wrong with my front end at all except an alignment needed. Also- I knew the fuel module wasn't a problem because a) if it were faulty my emissions light / check engine light would fault on and b) my mechanics replaced that in tank POS module a few months prior!!.

Sometimes you gotta be careful, cause some people will hose you, especially if their service $$'s are down and their butts depend on the numbers..

Old 09-18-2009, 12:52 AM

938 posts, read 2,898,577 times
The Monro in Morgantown is bad about that, too. They claimed that I needed new break pads and my rotors were too rusty to pass. They wanted an ungodly amount to do the work. And before I took it off the lot, they tried to tell me that if I get caught driving it home, I would get a HUUUGE fine. Which is a lie...you can drive around with that sticker on for a few days to get repairs.

Anyway, I get it home and take a look...the rotor is so shiny I can see the reflection of the craters on the moon and my break pads had several thousand more miles of life in them, easy. What a crock. I just took it to another shop the next day and was passed no problem.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convex20899 View Post
Aarons Auto Repair LLC

1490 Berkeley Station Rd
Martinsburg, WV 25404
304-263-8001
I think we are going to take our truck here tomorrow and see what happens. It will be worth a few bucks if it saves us more. We know the brakes probably do need some work but we are not sure about what the dealership says about the power steering fluid leak.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:05 AM

Thanks Convex for the recommendation. We found a new mechanic. The truck is leaking power steering fluid (as he took us back and showed us), the brakes are fine and he also pointed out where the dealership took a chunk out the the brake drum getting the wheel off.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:13 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,883,540 times
Don't you have to take it back to the original inspector to remove the Reject sticker? If so, they may not replace it without the brake work.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
Don't you have to take it back to the original inspector to remove the Reject sticker? If so, they may not replace it without the brake work.
The one the dealer gave us was paper and wasn't stuck to the window. Now it is. But I don't see why you would have to go back to the original one, it is our choice who we want to work on it.

BTW, why does the sticker say "Reject" unstead of just "failed"...seems a little harsh .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia