Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:21 AM

307 posts, read 692,584 times

Advertisements

While eating lunch at my favorite establishment. CNN was on the Television's. (yes more than one) When I was finished. I vomited up my lunch. CNN makes me sick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 02:53 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,605,629 times
Agree...

Old 09-08-2009, 04:32 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,993,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convex20899 View Post
While eating lunch at my favorite establishment. CNN was on the Television's. (yes more than one) When I was finished. I vomited up my lunch. CNN makes me sick!
I feel that same feeling when I see FOX news...

What is the general point of this post though?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:15 PM

671 posts, read 1,058,327 times
Fox makes me sick. CNN less so, but still queasy. NPR just right, and entertaining.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:32 PM

6,090 posts, read 9,128,290 times
MSNBC makes me sick

And Fox makes me angry. Not because of the network, but the news I have to hear

Old 09-08-2009, 07:41 PM

19,811 posts, read 22,710,079 times
What, if anything, does this post have to do with WV?

If you told us where you were eating and whether or not the food was good- then that would be relevant to a WV centric forum.

Like- "I ate a Kitzie's today and had the crab cake sandwich platter and BOY! was it ever great! But darned if they didn't have CNN playing on every screen, and I personally don't care for that kind of program. It just ruined my dining experience."

See? That would at least have the illusion of being relevant, yet still afford you the opportunity to rant about, well, everything you want to rant about!

It's allll in the delivery, lol.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:07 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,321,319 times
Hank's Deli is opening a new diner on the east side of Bridgeport Hill...the old 'Long John Silver's spot.

Bridgeport is in for a treat when they open. Make their own potato chip fries....and some really great upscale sandwiches...

I can't get passed their hotdogs, though...grilled, toasted bun..all the condiments and the best cole-slaw in the world...made to order with your dogs... had 2 for lunch yesterday and was talking to Hank about the new endeavor....

We laughed...I said, " the thing about two businesses?? means a person has two headaches."

They will do fine...look for the new paint and those bright blue window awnings...
and get ready for a real eating treat...

Hank's Deli

Old 09-09-2009, 03:45 AM

130 posts, read 368,077 times
I understand that the context of the OP itself really had nothing to do with WV itself, but aren't there a lot of other posts that don't really have much to do with WV and no one ever argues about it?

The fact is this - Conservatives hate CNN, MSNBC, etc. and Liberals hate Fox News. It's just that simple. It's all about ideology. I'm a conservative and I DO enjoy watching Fox News...I think we've all become accustomed to having our news delivered in such a manner, where the reporter's opinion becomes known. When is the line drawn? When does it stop?

But here is the biggest deal with me. Fox News obviously has a Conservative bias. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, etc. etc. generally have a liberal bias. The sad thing is that our national news networks are cheerleaders for either specific side. They've all missed the bus. And that includes Fox News as well. Journalistic integrity doesn't exist anymore. They all carry an agenda. That just shouldn't be.

That's why I am thankful for our local stations - who try hard to keep it to the news and keep their mouths shut and their opinions out of it. I don't watch the news to hear someone's opinion about it - if I wanted to hear that, I'd read an opinion column or blog, or listen to talk radio or watch an opinion program.

I apologize if I come off rude or anything - just making a point. Giving a perspective I guess.

Last edited by westvissouri; 09-09-2009 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: Misspellings

Old 09-09-2009, 05:00 AM

19,811 posts, read 22,710,079 times
Sometimes a joke, is just a joke. But the issue to this effect was made earlier. Just offering brevity.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:08 AM

300 posts, read 820,167 times
I'm no fan of Huffington Post (online news), but I'll give them a hat tip for this article.
Brad Friedman: FBI Whistleblower: Hastert, Burton, Blunt, Other Members of Congress 'Bribed, Blackmailed'

It has now been over a week since the video tape and transcript from the remarkable 8/8/09 deposition of former FBI translator-turned-whistleblower Sibel Edmonds was publicly released. Previously, the Bush Administration invoked the so-called "state secrets privilege" in order to gag Edmonds, in attempting to keep such information from becoming public.

The under-oath, detailed allegations include bribery, blackmail, espionage and infiltration of the U.S. government of, and by current and former members of the U.S. Congress, high-ranking State and Defense

Department officials and agents of the government of Turkey. The broad criminal conspiracy is said to have resulted in, among other things, the sale of nuclear weapons technology to black market interests including Pakistan, Iran, North Korea, Libya and others.

Even as many of these allegations had been previously corroborated to varying extents, by a number of official government reports, documents and independent media outlets (largely overseas), not a single major mainstream media outlet in the U.S. has picked up on Edmonds' startling claims since her deposition has been made fully available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia