Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 08:55 AM

3 posts, read 5,402 times

Advertisements

Hello fellow West Virginians, I was born in Williamson in1957. My parents, Bobby & Dolly Cox moved our family to Nashville, Tn. in 1967. I've spent all except the past six years there. I haven't been home since sometime in the mid seventies so I'm sure all has changed. Well I've decided to my the trip home next week, week of 10/05/09. I'm wondering if there is still anyone in Williamson that knew me and my Family. I'm Johnny, my sister was Mary Ann Cox. She died in 1971 and is burried there along with my grandparents, James B. Adkins and Mary. He owned Adkins Grocery that was on the corner across from the train station. If anyone can give me some tips on hotels, places to eat, clubs ect. It would be very helpful. I would love to meet some people that have lived there for 30 or 40 years to hear about all the changes. Thanks, Johnny Cox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Wow, I can't believe out of 25 looks at my thread not one person has even said hello. I beginning to wonder if it's worth the trip.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 PM

175 posts, read 565,144 times
Sorry Johnny......wish I could help you. I was born and raised in Williamson but moved away in 1959 after my Freshman year at Williamson High School. I was back once, about 10 years ago. A lot has changed but a lot remains the same. I was down that way on a motorcycle trip to Tennessee this June but was on RT119 which sort of bypasses the town so I really didn't see much. You can PM me with the names of some of the people you knew...maybe we have a few in common. Good Luck!!!

Old 10-03-2009, 05:07 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,238,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stldriver View Post
Wow, I can't believe out of 25 looks at my thread not one person has even said hello. I beginning to wonder if it's worth the trip.
Johnny, you have to realize that you asked some very specific questions. You also waited barely 8 hours before complaining that no one had replied. There's not much point in someone answering your post, just to say "I don't know."

There are probably 15-20 regular posters here; plus some unknown number who read but never reply. Many of us work or are otherwise occupied during the day; it's hardly unusual for even general topic posts to go hours before anyone responds.

That said, I hope you enjoy your trip back to Williamson, and you meet up with some people who remember you and your family.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 AM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,188,299 times
Johnny, I am not from your town, but a trip to WV to cruise down memory lane is always worth the trip IMHO!

Be Safe on your travels

Old 10-05-2009, 06:43 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,380,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
Johnny, you have to realize that you asked some very specific questions. You also waited barely 8 hours before complaining that no one had replied. There's not much point in someone answering your post, just to say "I don't know."

There are probably 15-20 regular posters here; plus some unknown number who read but never reply. Many of us work or are otherwise occupied during the day; it's hardly unusual for even general topic posts to go hours before anyone responds.

That said, I hope you enjoy your trip back to Williamson, and you meet up with some people who remember you and your family.
Williamson is one part I have never even heard of, that is why I didn't respond........but HI! Hope you enjoy your trip back.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:05 AM

307 posts, read 692,441 times
HH Howdy Hi!!! welcome back

Old 10-05-2009, 02:17 PM

Thanks, I'm on my way.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:25 PM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,188,299 times
I just looked to see where Willaimson is and it is right on the KY state line! but you knew that all ready, I am sure you will have a grand time. Be safe and come back here and tell us all about your trip.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:04 PM

141 posts, read 330,245 times
I love visiting West Virginia. Everyone here should be very proud. I can't afford to visit so my time there has been limited. I am the first in my family on my mother's side that wasn't raised there. Hats off to WV!!!!!!

Enjoy your trip stldriver! I wish I were there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia