Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 05:14 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,925 times

Advertisements

Hey, anyone happen to know who our reps are for the 10 Congressional Districts in WV?

I would have sworn we only had 3 districts.

However, according to recovery.gov (the official govt. website which tracks the stimulus money, where it goes, the number of jobs created, etc.) we have 10 districts which received stimulus money. Actually, one is numbered 00 so not sure if that qualifies as a district but they did get a little money.

The 54th Congressional district received a cool million $$ and 3 whole jobs were created.
Dang, I want one of those jobs.

I'm sure since this has hit the news and blogs (new districts in WV and other states), it will soon be corrected on recovery.gov.
In the meantime, you can find it at
State/Territory Summaries (http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=stateSummaryAllCD&statecode=WV - broken link) or
State / Territory Summaries (http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/StateSummaries/Pages/statesummary.aspx?StateCode=WV - broken link) or
BREAKING: Obama Recovery Act Increases W.Va. Congressional Districts by Eight!

God bless our government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 05:45 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
That 00th District has always been a real loser. No jobs and only $6587 in stimulus funds.

And these are the people that want to take over health care?

Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
You actually only have 3 districts. However, Senator Byrd has everyone fooled into thinking you have seven more so you get more money. Shhhsh, don't tell anybody.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:23 PM

19,778 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Ha-ha!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:10 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
7 of those Congressional Districts are located in the Bahamas.....

Set up very similarly to the way the congressmans 'Non-Profit Corporations work.

Put it on paper and it becomes reality...Feds investigate for 40 years and compile evidence.
When the crimminals are 85 years old ,they are Supoenaed and spend 18 months in prison.
The hundreds of millions that have been stolen convienently disapears...

Those Non-profits? btw

Funnel millions of contrated work out of the country to where the corporate headquarters exist.

What do we get? Jobs! Jobs!!!

$8.00 for work that is very skilled and pays upwards of $30 per hour in other states...a kick in the face to our people, for sure.

The clocking is ticking on these silk shirted crooks...

Old 11-18-2009, 05:55 AM

967 posts, read 2,995,979 times
....so who cashed the checks for those districts? Where is the money at?

Yeah, I'm ready for MORE government in my life.

I'm bewildered when people say they want government run anything. I've said it before- "there are none so blind as those who will not see".

Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
I wouldn't be to hasty in implicating Senator Byrd with this Obama Communist Fiasco...

If you remember correctly, it was he who alerted the Conservatives and the Liberal Cadre (Who hasn't cared to stop it) to the 'Obama Power Grab and was instantly taken out of Washington Power.

See anything positive on the horizon in the 'Pork Category for Wv? Other than 'Cap and Trade (economic sucide)?????

If a congressman/woman smells like a rat, then they might be a rat...

I was told the money was being spent at the Chinese Commodity Market...that's Chinese like in China.

and guess who's in China? Distributing the Wealth...??? You really must listen to these hacks...they mean what they say...

Jobless Recovery is another one....Jobless...

Old 11-18-2009, 07:32 AM

300 posts, read 819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
"there are none so blind as those who will not see".
"God save me from my friends -- I can protect myself from my enemies."
-- General Claude Louis Hector de Villars, France (1653-1734)

"Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear — kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor — with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil — to gobble us up if we would not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exuberant funds demanded. Yet in retrospect, those disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real."
-- General Douglas McArthur, United States of America (1880-1964)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia