Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:54 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,688,984 times

Advertisements

Well we got a ratified contract Tuesday on the house. Well known Clarksburg name.

I left Thursday with a 7x16 enclosed trailer loaded to the gills and my dodge diesel packed tight. Made it to Toledo and my main air inlet hose for my turbo crapped on me. Had to find a repair shop and get that taken care of. Only made it to South Bend IN the first day.
Today I pushed hard and made it almost to WY. I'm in SD right now. Should hit Helena MT tomorrow after about 9hrs drive time.

PS-driving just south of Chicago during rush hour with a laden trailer IS NOT FUN..... Just thought I'd share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 02:59 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,380,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Well we got a ratified contract Tuesday on the house. Well known Clarksburg name.

I left Thursday with a 7x16 enclosed trailer loaded to the gills and my dodge diesel packed tight. Made it to Toledo and my main air inlet hose for my turbo crapped on me. Had to find a repair shop and get that taken care of. Only made it to South Bend IN the first day.
Today I pushed hard and made it almost to WY. I'm in SD right now. Should hit Helena MT tomorrow after about 9hrs drive time.

PS-driving just south of Chicago during rush hour with a laden trailer IS NOT FUN..... Just thought I'd share.
Sounds like your having an experience . I'd imagine driving in chicago during rush hour isn't fun no matter what your driving .

Good luck and be safe getting to your destination.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:41 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmblinkerfluid View Post
i hope you are being sarcastic. blackwater falls is a nice retreat but visiting yellowstone is an epic and life changing experience... to say the least.
Tongue in cheek, certainly, but probably not completely. The beauty of beauty is that it has so many genuine forms.

The alpenglow on a peak in the Northern Rockies.

The moving colors of a tidepool.

The blaze of a fallen maple leaf drifting aimlessly down a stream.

The slant of light through a prairie thunderstorm, that makes each falling raindrop glow.

The intense clarity of a winter night, when the stars feel so close and it hurts to breath.

The weary, but heartfelt smile of your wife, that says "No! We're not going to get divorced. Damnit, we'll work it out."

The view of a child looking up with wonder at giant trees on a forest trail.

The grace and musculature of a coyote hunting mice in a field.

The cry of a wrinkly, purple firstborn you see the first time after so much waiting.

The first fiddleheads and violets in spring after a long winter.

All are equally beautiful. Sure some places (Yellowstone, Yosemite) make it obvious, but all are just as important at some level. I think that is what ThreeRun meant.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Well just got back in town yesterday to wrap things up here. Found a nice place in MT on 4 acres overlooking Lake Helena and the city across the way. Boy is the climate unbelievably different. It has rained for most of May out there, but not the heavy kind of rain around here. People there are a little bummed about the rain, but I'd say at most they got was a couple inches the whole month! I get back here and it looks like North Central has been soaked!

Anyway- seen lots of elk, whitetails, pronghorns and one mulie so far. Incredible views in Helena- the entire place is surrounded by mountains, hills, a huge 35 mile lake called Canyon Ferry is 15 minutes from town- lots and lots of outdoor activities in any direction you go.

Movers come on Tuesday, we go to closing Thursday and then it's 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2,000 miles in a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee with crap strapped to the roof rack. Jed Clampett ain't got nothing on us!

I think MT should be on everyone's bucket list. It's that damned gorgeous. Simply amazing when I dropped into the Billings area from Custer National Forest on my drive out there in April. Truly Big Sky country. Just amazing.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:22 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,406,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post

What are you running a Cummins 6.7 350? They have had some turbo issues.

Congrats on your move out west. Are you in the mining business?
Know what you mean about Chicago, lived there for 3 years. It's the big sister to Atlanta in traffic.

So now I gather you will be stirring the pot on the Montana forums

Old 06-06-2010, 04:28 PM

1998.5 24V 5.9 diesel. Good running truck, just crappy dodge parts..

Not in the mining business at all. Commercial finance which includes mining and other C/I stuff. Just lucked out with a job out there.

It's really awesome out there. I met one guy from North Central WV who is in mining- he said for the life of him he doesn't know why more WV's don't move out there. It's a hillbilly paradise. I know a few guys from the eastern Panhandle of WV that sold out to developers and moved to north eastern CO for solitude. I'm going to look them up.

Pronghorn meat is damn good, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia