Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 03:07 PM

74 posts, read 228,526 times

Advertisements

Driving through Chappaqua and Mt. Kisco, we noticed a lack of playgrounds. I have to believe there must be some. Could you please direct me to some playgrounds appropriate for toddlers in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 03:41 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,191,917 times
Leonard Park in Mt. Kisco has a very nice playground. It has 3 or 4 separate ares, each for a specific age range. My son used to love the sand area. It is very popular and can get pretty crowded. In Chappaqua, Gedney Park has a good good playground with interesting wooden structures. It is best for the 3 and up crowd. The park also has nice hiking trails and a lovely pond.

There are plenty of playgrounds around, but those two were on my regular rotation when I was a SAHD (my son and I were serial playgrounders, hitting a different one every few days).

Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 AM

395 posts, read 1,618,279 times
^^ In addition to these, Roselle Park on Weskora Ave. in Pleasantville is not too far and they just replaced the "smaller kids" structure with a brand new one. Both Chap middle schools have climbing structures (the one at Bell is right in town and very convenient), but those are obviously geared towards older kids. There are also a playgrounds at the Briarcliff and Pleasantville town pools (that don't require the pool membership to use). Most towns have 1 or 2 playgrounds but because of all the open outdoor space in No. Westchester, you won't find them every few blocks like you might in denser areas.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 AM

79 posts, read 292,050 times
Gedeny Park on Rt. 120, near the Chappaqua/Millwood border, has a nice playground for younger kids.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,835 times
For toddlers I like the one behind the Chappaqua Town Hall.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:59 AM

74 posts, read 228,526 times
Thank you all so much for all the great park recommendations. We'll check them out this weekend.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,830 times
Default Playground App

If you have a smart phone, you can also download a free app that shows you where the nearest playground is and shows ratings from other users! It was developed by the nonprofit I work for called KaBOOM! - working to build and map playgrounds and advocate about the importance of play. Just search "Playgrounds" on your phone in the app store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County