Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 AM

7 posts, read 9,369 times

Advertisements

Hi;

I'm a first time buyer, and I would like to purchase a home in Westchester.

My budget is 120k per yr. Got very good credit +700, and a stable job.

Right now, I got saved up about 30k so I think I will go with a FHA loan.

My range for home values is between 350-450k.
Or a max. monthly payment of $2,500

Having said that I'm looking at single family houses and condos.

My only strict requirements are that the property should have at least 2 bedrooms, is close to public transportation to Manhattan and is in a safe neighborhood.

What areas can you recommend for this type of property?

Also, can somebody recommend a Mortage and property brokers?

Thank you guys!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,760 times
Hello. I live in Croton on Hudson for the past 5 years with my wife and two children and we love it. I believe that Croton on Hudson is a good match based on your criteria.

Croton on Hudson is very safe.
Croton on Hudson offers single family homes and some condos in the price range you are looking at.
The Metro North/Amtrak station in Croton on Hudson is a major hub offering numerous express trains to and from NYC.

Moderator cut: No advertising on the forum, please, per Terms of Service.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 03-26-2012 at 07:27 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM

6 posts, read 15,146 times
Default Fairfield County

You should consider Western Fairfield County off of I-84. Danbury and Bethel both have train stations on the Metro North Harlem line. You can definitely find a nice home in your price range that meets your criteria. Personally, I prefer Bethel over Danbury as Danbury is more of an urban city. Fairfield County is going to be less expensive than West Chester.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,512 times
Hello!

I just spotted your post....coincidentally, I am selling, by owner, a fabulous and totally updated tri level townhome in northern Westchester. It sounds like my place meets your requirements!! I do not think I am permitted to post my website for the home on this site. If you would like, send me a private message and I will reply back with the site and details. My email is [email]agoldberg511@gmail.com[/email]. Best of luck!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,580 times
Hi,
If you are amenable to being in Northern Westchester then look in Katonah area. I commuted from Katonah for 15 years to NYC and never once regretted it. Amazingly beautiful with small town feel , think Mayberry, no crime , but within striking distance of White Plains, NYC, Long Island beaches. As a realtor I can tell you there are homes within your budget , on the outskirts of the hamlet or slightly outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County