Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM

22 posts, read 146,075 times

Advertisements

We put an offer for a house which currently has Underground oil tank (in use). We negociated with the seller, that they will pay for removal of Underground oil tank, we will pay the installation for new above ground oil tank provided that the tank does not leak. If the tank leaks, then seller pay everything including clean up. Now, I am researching on the company providing such services. one compnay is [SIZE=3]"Advanced Environmental" in white plains. How is its servcie? Do you know some other companies do this kind of job? I prefer use the same company for old tank removal and new tank installation. Thank you for any information.
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 02:23 PM

55 posts, read 80,545 times
Hi,
I actually work in this field and can tell you, that Advanced Environmental is a very reputable environmental company that we work with a lot.
(I work for a building department)

They always submit their reports as well. I can also tell you that Northeast Environmental is a very common company. You should be in good hands with advanced though.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 PM

Thank you very much for the information! It is good to have 2 quotes. BTW, since you work in a building department, do you know if New Castle need C. O. for the removal of old tank and installation for the new tank. Thanks a lot!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:28 PM

506 posts, read 2,279,625 times
great responses by all..2 companys metion are great ....its the banks you are worried about when you go to sell your house the bank will want to see that it was removed and their were no problems.......p.s. you will get the best deal by using the same company to do install as removal they will give you break, they already have their guys their...find out who owner is using....

Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYWESTCHESTER View Post
Thank you very much for the information! It is good to have 2 quotes. BTW, since you work in a building department, do you know if New Castle need C. O. for the removal of old tank and installation for the new tank. Thanks a lot!
Where I work it is definitely needed, but every municipality is different. I can find out for you for sure tomorrow...I will report back.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,190,634 times
We used Advanced Environmental to remove our old oil tank and install the new underground tank. They did the work under the observation of the DEP (we're in the watershed), and it all went well.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDZZZZ View Post
Where I work it is definitely needed, but every municipality is different. I can find out for you for sure tomorrow...I will report back.
I found out for you...they said that once the work is completed, the building inspector will go out, and and if all is good, they close it out.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 AM

506 posts, read 2,279,625 times
Fire department has to go out and inspect. They are really the ones who make the call if it passes or not. And Thames building dept gives u the all clear.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:25 PM

Thank you very much, everyone! The old tank is 550 gallon, I want to put one 330 gallon in basement, Is it sufficient enough? I called Advanced Environmental, they recommend the tank of Granby with 10 year warranty. I guess it is standard model, they also have other models - Standard 20plus (20 years warranty), Ecogard, Ecoplus. Dma1250, which model did you use for your new above ground oil tank? Thank you for sharing. Mine will be in the basement, so it is not easily corrosive.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:53 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,190,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYWESTCHESTER View Post
... Dma1250, which model did you use for your new above ground oil tank? ...
Our new tank is underground. We removed an old underground tank and replaced it with a new underground tank in the same place. Underground tanks made in the last 15 or 20 years are very safe, and you'll find they're very common in the area. (My wife is an architect and most of her local projects use underground tanks).

I can't remember the model, but it had a 20 year warranty and I believe is 350 gallons. How long that lasts will depend on your boiler and house. But all the local suppliers have systems that read when your tank is low and they come and deliver. So if you end up needing more deliveries than most in the winter it won't cost you anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County