Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 AM

3 posts, read 7,343 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am relocating from UK to work in New York and we have been looking Westchester as a place to live. One of the towns we have looked at is Scarsdale. We are trying to find day care for my daughter (extended days as we both work) but can't find many reviews on-line. We have looked at Alcott school from September when my daughter is 3 - is it any good? We do need something from April onwards too and had a look at mother's intuition, does anyone have any experience with them? Can you recommend any other day care options?

I really really appreciate any comments/help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 09:53 AM

293 posts, read 886,579 times
My sister uses Alcott, loves them - for pre-school only, not extended day.

You can search for other options on this website:
Child Care Council of Westchester, Finding child care, training for child care providers in Westchester County NY

I looked into the newish place on Garth Road, seemed nice enough, but beyond that I can't comment. If you can expand your range to White Plains, they have more center options available.

Good luck - daycare is a huge struggle around here.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,745 times
Our one year old son has been going to them for 9 months now for extended care and they are very caring and provide a great service.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 PM

7 posts, read 11,524 times
The Little School in Scarsdale offers great breakfast programs and extended hours starting at 3 years old. It's a great program. My son went there for years. We were extremely hapy with he program. The JCC also offers similar programs.
I'm happy to provide you with more information regarding schooling, programs and housing.

I can be reached at LizaL@platinumdr.com

Old 02-09-2013, 03:00 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,460,202 times
Enough already. You aren't supposed to self promote on here.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:35 AM

3 posts, read 7,343 times
Thank you all for your responses! :-) Apologies I haven't said so before, moving overseas whilst still doing a full time job is keeping us pretty hectic...

It is good to have some feedback, it is really difficult to find many reviews on-line. Does anyone know if there are any groups etc. at weekeneds where we would get to meet other local families with children? We'd be keen to get to know people locally so that my daughter has friends to grow up with (and we'd make some new friends too).

LizaL, I will drop you an email - thank you! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County