Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 10:54 PM

475 posts, read 853,200 times

Advertisements

Good day my good peeps from Westchester, this post is supposed to be funny. June 16th will mark 20 years for my wife and I and I met her down south, at a grocery store, where we once both worked as teenagers. As the story goes I moved south against my will via my parents who thought Florida was a better life for us then New York, needless to say they were wrong. Anyways when I first moved south I despised it, I hated everything below Pennsylvania, grits, twangy guitar sounds, southern accents, and no change of seasons (well at least in Florida anyway.) Then I met my future wife. Fast forward 20 years later and I now drive a HEMI Dodge truck, say ya'll, and have country music on my I-phone playlist. I never even saw that coming. I hold many found memories growing up there in the Putnam/Westchester click, but I don't think I would fit in no more. Not that I would care, I'm 41 and graduated from high school many years ago, but I can't imagine to many Westchester socialites driving around in pick-up trucks while listening to Miranda Lambert. Ironically enough however I may just be exactly what Westchester was missing...lol. You guys are great, thanks for listening....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: