Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 12:39 PM

475 posts, read 853,200 times

Advertisements

So what about it Westchester? Do you pride your ride? Do gearheads exist among the affluent? Everyone always asks where to live in Westchester so I thought it would be fun to ask what Westchester is driving. Do we like the Europeans? Are we economic-minded and desire the Asians? Do we have the patriots driving Ford Excursions and Chevrolet Suburban's? Here's my list of cars I've owned:

1. Chevrolet Astro Van.
2. Suzuki SX4 Crossover.
3. Suzuki Forenza.
4. Suzuki Esteem.
5. Volkswagen Rabbit Wolfsburg Edition.
6. Dodge Hemi Durango Limited.
7. Toyota Camry Wagon.
8. Chevrolet Celebrity 4 door sedan.
9. Ford Mustang.

Do you guys buy for safety and reliability, status, or something that says I'm big, I'm bad, I'm American? What was the most favorite car you ever had and what was the worst car you ever owned? My favorites from my list were the Dodge Hemi Durango, Volkswagen Rabbit, and Toyota Camry Wagon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 04:05 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,036,281 times
The answer to all your questions is "yes." Pretty much like you'd expect. What an odd post.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:19 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,868,687 times
Audi SUVs seem to be very popular and appear to have supplanted the Volvo wagon. Up in Chappaqua you will see the occasional macho pickup truck.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:25 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,577,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Audi SUVs seem to be very popular and appear to have supplanted the Volvo wagon. Up in Chappaqua you will see the occasional macho pickup truck.
Volvo doesn't make that many wagons any more. Subarus are a plenty though.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:18 PM

Subaru's are popular. I have always liked the Volvo Wagon personally. The old 240's were like tanks, you could drive the heck out of them and they would just keep going. They did like to leak oil though.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:46 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,193,577 times
I often refer to the area as "Subarubia" due to all the Subarus. The most popular of the Subarus seems to be the Imprezza (I have two myself). But there are loads of SUVS (especially Range Rovers but also more expensive and less expensive ones, too) and I see hordes of Minis and Prius too. I need to replace my old car and really want a Mini, but there are so many around I feel like I want to get something less obvious (I've had so many times when I left the store and went to the wrong black Imprezza!). I'm considering a Fiat since I only see a handful of those around.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:58 PM

148 posts, read 531,858 times
I see more pick ups in upper NYS than anywhere else in the world! More SUV's in Westchester. I guess as homeowners and family makers we all become confronted with utility vehicles to some degree.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:21 PM

We had to get an SUV as our family grew. Despite their size and political incorrectness, certain situations require the ownership of a bigger vehicle. They get a bad rap, but they really do serve a purpose.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:30 AM

157 posts, read 347,638 times
Yes! Us gear-heads are everywhere. There are plenty of car shows and meetups around the Westchester/Fairfield area. There's the Scarsdale Concours d'Elegance and Greenwich Concours that are held annually. On a more casual note, any geardhead should check out Caffeine & Carburetors, held monthly in New Canaan, CT. There's one this Sunday, October 6th.

I'm young, so my list of cars is fairly short:
2006 VW GTI
2008 Subaru Legacy SpecB
2011 Mazda Miata

I've been thinking of picking up a classic Alfa, MG, Triumph or Fiat project car, but unfortunately I do not have the space for one at the moment.

I buy my cars based on what suits my needs. My number one priority is fun, as you can tell from the vehicles I own. Cars typically serve a dual-purpose for me as daily transportation and weekend auto-x toys. My Miata is one of my favorite cars. It proves you don't need a lot of power to have fun. It's the most raced car in the world and listed as one of the "100 cars you must drive before you die". My Subaru was fun in a different way. It was a sleeper. People never expected my "family sedan" to pack 375+ turbocharged, AWD HP under the hood, sent to the ground through Torsen limited slip differentials and a straight-cut 6-speed manual transmission.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM

293 posts, read 886,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1250 View Post
I'm considering a Fiat since I only see a handful of those around.
Come to Larchmont - they are everywhere. Maybe that's because there is a dealership right in town...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County