Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 09:28 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times

Advertisements

The parking in Manhattan is my con of living in Westchester. Its just awful. When I drive down there I always find it such a chore to locate a suitable space, what with all the alternate-side parking and commercial vehicles only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 10:49 AM

2,210 posts, read 2,154,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
The parking in Manhattan is my con of living in Westchester. Its just awful. When I drive down there I always find it such a chore to locate a suitable space, what with all the alternate-side parking and commercial vehicles only.
I am sorry to hear it. Its difficult to park in Manhattan without paying a fee. If your work or downtime takes you to Manhattan frequently, I can see that being a real con for your residence choices. Perhaps living in NYC would have been a better choice for you. If I had to drive to NYC every day for work, I would never have chosen to live where I live. I would have either changed jobs, or lived in NYC and avoided driving. I can clearly see how a person with this requirement would consider parkign in NYC to be a con.

I enjoy the metro north train and sleep in the mornings and get work done in the afternoons. If I had to drive and park in the City every day, I would never have lived here. So I feel for you and agree 100% that the parking in Manhattan is a big Con for you. Fortunately, for me it is not a Con as I rarely have to drive into the City. Good luck. There are often deals on monthly parking spots in the city advertised on Craig's list. It might make your life easier to consider such a lease. Otherwise, good luck. Thanks for helping me make my point. The parking in Manhattan is certainly a con for many who live in westchester who have to drive to the City. For me, its not even an issue, but since pros and cons about living in Westchester are completely subjective, this terrible chore for you does not impact me at all.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:34 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,033,204 times
For the love of God! What on earth is wrong with you people?

Old 06-17-2015, 09:37 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,513 times
Top Five:
1. Decent schools;
2. Safe;
3. Access to great parks and outdoor activities;
4. Obviously, access to NYC;
5. Some amazing libraries.

Bottom:
1. Taxes - My main beef is with the laughable state of the roads considering the taxes. Just appalling.
Otherwise, I have very few complaints with Westchester (I live in Hastings, btw).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County