Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2023, 09:48 PM

96 posts, read 35,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggmba2016 View Post
Keep in mind you're young.

At 25 I made $85k a year, and 35 I made $385k a year. I just had my first kid - and most of my peers only started having kids too.

...but I'd say most people in the real nice areas are 1) law partners 2) banking MDs 3) Consulting partners 4) Private Equity / Hedge funds 5) VP and C-suite at Fortune 500s 6) Successful small business owner 7) Rich family 8) Doctors in high paying specialities / own a practice 9) and recently, some senior software engineers

Lots of two income people too...Two people making $250k, which isn't especially high for mid-career in new york city, can afford a $1.5M apartment - especially when interest rates were lower.
Well share your employment history. That is the whole point of the topic.

If you were “only making $385,000” and only married, you must be either denigrating younger audiences or just clueless about average salaries in general. Despite you being such a ultra high value amazing worker. You should have been making $835,000 at 15 years old considering how important you are!

But obviously, you only made a measly $3850.000.00 before you REALLY started making big money. Because you are worth more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2023, 09:52 PM

96 posts, read 35,618 times
A question for everyone else, is West Chester just a bunch of lamos?

I really mean that: not in a denigrating way. Are there any real people in Westchester or is all uber important middle class Billionaires? Is it all people with just outrageous luck and unsurpassed prosperity, and weird wealth that does not add up correctly

Old 04-15-2023, 10:30 AM

16 posts, read 18,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-water View Post

If you were “only making $385,000” and only married, you must be either denigrating younger audiences or just clueless about average salaries in general. Despite you being such a ultra high value amazing worker. You should have been making $835,000 at 15 years old considering how important you are!

But obviously, you only made a measly $3850.000.00 before you REALLY started making big money. Because you are worth more than that.

This was impressively incoherent, congrats!

Here's your present: https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Old 04-16-2023, 07:59 AM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 987ABC View Post
I think it is also helpful to point out that people will vary greatly in terms of what they choose to spend their money on. Some people like to pump money into their house - both in terms of initial purchase and maintenance/additions. Some people instead like to spend money on vacations and expensive activities like skiing, etc. Some people are big savers. Some are not. Some may be supporting out-of-household family in a big way, and not necessarily telling people about it. Some people made investments that didn't work out. Some people made investments that worked out in a big way. Some people inherit a lot of money. Some don't. Some people take out all the time. Some cook inexpensive meals at home. Some people like to have second and third homes. Some don't. I could go on and on.

My point is that two households with the exact same salaried income may vary significantly in terms of what they do with their money. Housing is but one of many things, yet it may be the only thing visible to an outsider. It's a waste of time to try to come up with generalizations about money people have and money people need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlex View Post
The site actually says that the median is 250K and the average is 516K. So, 1/2 of households make less than 250K.
There are more reasonably priced apartment in Tuckahoe.

Frankly, I would rather live in a reasonably priced apartment than sink money into a house.

Put your money where your values are. We valued time. I left my career to stay home with our children. We always saved for private schools, colleges, retirement. The only money I regretted spending was a house that needed a boat load of repairs. A money pit house is the worse!!!

A hundred people will have a hundred different ideas on how to spend their money. Don't stress over other people's lives.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:18 AM

317 posts, read 311,364 times
I remember reading a recent article about a private jet flight attendant making $385K/year. After taxes, $385K is probably less than $20K/month.

Old 04-25-2023, 07:10 AM

15 posts, read 12,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbowpunch View Post
Not sure what you been smoking, but Westchester county is one of the worst places when it comes to urban planning. It's not dramatically different from other suburbs in NYC/NJ metro area that rely heavily on cars. Some of the towns are walkable but you still will heavily be reliant on a car just like everywhere in the USA.

If you are from Sudan or an impoverished third world place, I am sure Westchester look great, but from a European/Civilized perspective it has almost zero walkability or mass transit other than the Metro-North which does well in taking people to Manhattan albeit to the East Side. Future plans of the New Haven and possibly Hudson Line to Penn Station may happen.

Frankly speaking, Brooklyn and Queens are leagues ahead and having better quality of food.
As someone who works in this sector, I can assure you it’s way better planned out than most of the US lol.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-water View Post

As someone who made the topic, asking someone for their private info is not the topic lol. You may need some help though.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
There are more reasonably priced apartment in Tuckahoe.

Frankly, I would rather live in a reasonably priced apartment than sink money into a house.

Put your money where your values are. We valued time. I left my career to stay home with our children. We always saved for private schools, colleges, retirement. The only money I regretted spending was a house that needed a boat load of repairs. A money pit house is the worse!!!

A hundred people will have a hundred different ideas on how to spend their money. Don't stress over other people's lives.
Agreed. I realized I was just curious but nothing to stress about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County