Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 04:37 PM

3 posts, read 8,706 times

Advertisements

Hi!

We will be moving to NY from SoCal and I'm looking at where we should look for a house. My daughter attends a fantastic Montessori preschool here and I'd love her to continue enjoying learning in a similar school.

As a friend recommended to look into Bronxville, I was happy to see there is a Montessori school there but I've read some negative feedback about the school and the town. My main concern being that we're be culturally and ethnically different (European/Chinese) and don't want to see my children being bullied in school for not fitting the mould.

My other finding is the Montessori in Armonk which looks great from their website. Does anyone have any feedback on that school?

How about the other preschools in the area?

thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:16 AM

701 posts, read 3,324,980 times
In another thread, you indicated you were also considering Scarsdale. I have heard there is a good Montessori school nearby in Mamaroneck. Don't get too carried away about needing to find a pre-school in the same town where you reside. Many of these towns are close to each other, and a short-drive.

I don't know specifically about the Armonk Montessori school, but I can tell you that Armonk is a very nice area. But it would be a bit far from Bronxville/Scarsdale. Additionally, Armonk doesn't have its own train access, meaning you need to try to use a station like Chappaqua, Pleasantville, Mount Kisco. Additionally, its a bit further north then you indicated you would want to commute-- It's over a 45-minute train ride.

And yes, I believe that your fears about Bronxville are not 100% unfounded. I don't know that your kids would face outright prejudicial bullying, but it is a less diverse school.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,059 times
Default preschool in Westchest County,NY

Hi:waterlily10

I saw the quote you posted last October re finding a good preschool for your kid in Westchester N.Y. My family will be moving from Los Angeles to Westchester NY soon. We are Asian Americans. I am wondering if you can provide me with some feedback on good Montessori schools in the area that kids with different culture and ethnic background fit in well. I am also concerned kids are bullied because of different culture and ethnic background. Thanks in advance.

Pasadena 2009
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County