Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2007, 07:46 PM

7 posts, read 65,987 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I've a road test this week in White Plains and want to hear from people who recently took the test. How long would it be? What things to remember during the test? any other information that might be helpful. Does anyone know if there's a designated road test area or could they ask me to drive anywhere in White Plains?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
What state?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,934,948 times
New York? Perhaps a question better asked on that state's page. But for driving in general, be as calm as possible and remember that the test administrator has seen many new drivers. Some good. Some not so good. If you have access to a relative's or a friend's car, practice driving with them near the motor vehicle agency. You're bound to cover some of the same streets. Driving tests usually last about 15 minutes, btw. Then when the big day comes, surprise your instructor and take him to Dunkin Donuts and get him a coffee and a chocolate eclair. Well, maybe you can leave that part out. But I'd sure appreciate it!

Old 03-13-2007, 08:35 AM

7 posts, read 65,987 times
Thanks for your inputs. Yeah, my test is in NY (White Plains). I did post it in NY forum but it was moved here. Any suggestions on best practices during the test?

Thanks

Old 03-13-2007, 08:49 AM

282 posts, read 1,264,159 times
I took my road test in 1981, so I imagine things have changed ALOT since then!!

From what I remember, the biggest things that get the most points off is the parallel parking......which I am MISERABLE at doing....(another reason I live in the boonies!!) and the three-point turn. (do they even still do that anymore???) Other than that, just make sure you use your mirrors and your sight, and don't cross the lines when making a turn (don't cut the turn short)

Good luck!

Old 03-14-2007, 10:27 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri_25ny View Post
I took my road test in 1981, so I imagine things have changed ALOT since then!!

From what I remember, the biggest things that get the most points off is the parallel parking......which I am MISERABLE at doing....(another reason I live in the boonies!!) and the three-point turn. (do they even still do that anymore???) Other than that, just make sure you use your mirrors and your sight, and don't cross the lines when making a turn (don't cut the turn short)

Good luck!
Does ANYBODY ever parallel park anymore? Don't think I EVER have in my car and have only done it a couple of times in my big truck in rest areas (it's actually easier than in a car). (Three Point turns are a WHOLE lot of fun with a tractor trailer )

Just do what they told me in truck driving school; "Keep going 'til it sounds EXPENSIVE" No, seriously, best of luck on your test, Gordonknottight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: