Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 09:09 AM

3 posts, read 21,147 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I will be moving to a new house in the North side of New Rochelle and I am considering going back to work to Manhattan, which means I would have to drive to the train station to take Metro North.

I am wondering which train station will make more sense: New Rochelle, White Plains, Scarsdale (I hear there is no parking there)...

How do I find out if there is parking space availability?

Thanks,

M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 11:21 AM

4 posts, read 14,928 times
You can call MTA they have a number at the stations for people who wnat to purchase permits. When you say North New Rochelle do you mean near Eastchester close to Mill Road or on the side going towards Mamaroneck.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:44 PM

Location: San Fernando Valley, CA but desperately hoping to move back to New York
74 posts, read 350,041 times
I grew up on the north end of new Rochelle by weaver street and Stratton road. We always went to the new ro station, never thought of Scarsdale as an option.

We are thinking of moving to ny and am not thinking of the north end of new ro because my husband would have to commute to NYC. I remember it being a shlep from My house, especially in bad weather but everyone has their limit on commute time.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:37 PM

North New Rochelle as of weaver st, close to stratton rd

Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,964 times
Call the City Clerk's office at City Hall in New Rochelle to find out parking lot availability- 914 654-2000

Here is a link to the Parking Form - http://www.newrochelleny.com/09parking%20app.pdf

I commuted into NYC from the north end for years. You have two Metro-North train lines available, the Harlem Line and the New Haven Line. Both go to Grand Central in NYC.

I recommend the New Rochelle train station. Even though the Crestwood train station on the Harlem line is closer to the north end of New Rochelle, parking is impossible in Crestwood. The Scarsdale train station is no closer than the New Rochelle train station and there are more parking lots available in New Rochelle. Good luck.

Metro-North MNR Connecting Service

Old 02-03-2010, 02:00 PM

Thank you! That is very helpful!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:50 AM

14 posts, read 30,148 times
I recommend taking the bus to the train station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County