Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 12:24 PM

756 posts, read 1,654,218 times

Advertisements

The Artists and Writers Quarterly: The North Carolina Center for Creative Retirement (NCCCR) My photo won first place and is linked on the front page. The magazine is a great place to look for information on the arts at the Center for Creative Retirement.

The Laurel Magazine of Asheville is another great local Arts magazine: The Laurel of Asheville (http://www.thelaurelofasheville.com/0910/index.php - broken link) I will have a photo published in that magazine in the next month or two.

The WNC Nature Center (Western North Carolina Nature Center, Red Wolf Breeding Program, Animals in Natural Habitats) is one of my favorite local places for photo ops and a peaceful day. I highly recommend it. They published a photo of mine in their most recent magazine, too.

There are tons of local galleries with great art, many right in downtown Asheville. Go downtown, enjoy a meal at Tupelo Honey's or the Laughing Seed or any of the other great restaurants and then pop into the galleries and stores. I could spend days in downtown Asheville alone.

Leave a lot to be desired? Not unless you aren't looking or want pro sports (yecch) or amusement parks. No, Asheville is a great place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 01:19 PM

467 posts, read 1,189,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFriendly View Post
The Laurel Magazine of Asheville is another great local Arts magazine: The Laurel of Asheville (http://www.thelaurelofasheville.com/0910/index.php - broken link) I will have a photo published in that magazine in the next month or two.
Neat

I was interviewed and pictured in the December 2008 issue.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:20 PM

756 posts, read 1,654,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrycandy View Post
Neat

I was interviewed and pictured in the December 2008 issue.
AWESOME!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina