Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 06:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,581,408 times

Advertisements

A cold snap helped Sugar Mountain and Cataloochee open their slopes over the weekend to skiers and snowboarders. Temperatures fell below freezing long enough last week for resorts to turn on snow guns. A Sugar Mountain spokesman estimated that about 1,000 skiers visited the resort over the weekend.

Two N.C. ski resorts open for season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 09:41 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,479,063 times
ANNNNDD I bet they will be closing by Wednesday when its suppose to be in the 70's....

This happens every year, it gets cold for a few days, they make snow, then it all melts and they whine about the weather to the citizen times....

You think they'd learn by now.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:37 PM

45 posts, read 158,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
ANNNNDD I bet they will be closing by Wednesday when its suppose to be in the 70's....

This happens every year, it gets cold for a few days, they make snow, then it all melts and they whine about the weather to the citizen times....

Just like my neighbors watching me to see if I attach my snowplow on my truck . People jump the gun early every year . I bet Ingles sold lots of bread and milk that weekend .

Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bad seed View Post
I bet Ingles sold lots of bread and milk that weekend .

Hahah I bet they did!

Old 11-22-2010, 10:40 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,545,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post

You better believe the ski areas fully understand the inconsistencies of the weather. They're no fools. It's worth it to them for the PR... get people thinking about skiing. A lot of people think the the first places to open are going to be the best places to go (Marketing 101).

Old 11-22-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
You better believe the ski areas fully understand the inconsistencies of the weather. They're no fools. It's worth it to them for the PR... get people thinking about skiing. A lot of people think the the first places to open are going to be the best places to go (Marketing 101).
Whatever. It doesn't change the fact that they are whining to the paper now that they had to close.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:28 AM

24 posts, read 40,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A cold snap helped Sugar Mountain and Cataloochee open their slopes over the weekend to skiers and snowboarders. Temperatures fell below freezing long enough last week for resorts to turn on snow guns. A Sugar Mountain spokesman estimated that about 1,000 skiers visited the resort over the weekend.
This is another great destination for ski and snowboarding enthusiasts. Just hoping that there are trails that are kids friendly so that young and old alike can enjoy the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina