Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 09:10 AM

358 posts, read 786,379 times

Advertisements

Would anyone have information as to who would want to dismantle a tobacco barn and haul away? I thought for several years after buying the property that it would come to some use but that ain't going to happen. Seems it would have some value to someone. I hate to burn it up bit by bit but it may come to that.
Also, for something completely different, has anyone heard of a "cooking club" around town. Not even sure how one would be set-up or how it would operate. Perhaps get together once a month and cook a big meal together? I would just like to explore the more creative side of cooking. Around our house it is mostly quick meals for the wife and I, and that rare intricate meal on Weekends. As much as I like to cook it would be great to get together with like minded cooks and learn a thing or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 09:34 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,246,549 times
Look in the Mountain Xpress entertainment newspaper, they may have cooking clubs listed in their vast calendar of events. Also, you could start your own neighborhood cooking get-together, where several couples take turns cooking and everyone goes over there to eat, and around it goes... I participated in one of those years ago in the Historic Montford district, there were maybe ten of us, some members changed. Don't have any ideas about your barn, tho. Someone else here can tell you.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:59 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,945,336 times
Is that old tobacco barn made of old chestnut wood - the planks or the structure? If it is, I bet you would find furniture makers, cabinet builders, or some kind of wood artists in town that would love to have it. Old chesnut wood is hard to come by and new chestnut wood just doesn't exist.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM

4,791 posts, read 10,615,390 times
garth is right on, imo...
dunno about the species of wood or, its condition, but I can think of two custom builders in Waynesville, that would be interested, imo.
If OP is still curious, drop me a DM.

But, a quick net search of A'ville area should pull up some 'wood'/crafts people that would be
interested.
GL, mD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina