Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 09:22 PM

112 posts, read 317,299 times

Advertisements

I Stole this idea from the Atlanta forum. Since all of us who already living here constantly see new threads with questions about relocating to our fair city, why not make just ONE and keep it up top as a STICKY?!

If something similar is already posted...sorry.

Helpful Tip,
For all of those about to move or thinking about moving to the Asheville area or anywhere in Western North Carolina, in order for us to better assist you and for you to get more responses please provide us with as much of the following information as possible in your initial post please:

1. Budget
2. House/Condo/Townhome/mobile home/apartment? Want a home with acreages?
3. Employment Status (commute/work from home)
4. Children (public school vs. private)
5. Suburban, Urban or rural lifestyle preference, What kind of area do you prefer to live in
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.
8. Renting or buying?

9. What field of employment do you need?
10. What is your expected or preferred salary range?

These are just a few off the top of my head, feel free to add more.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:58 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,881,361 times
I have seen this somehwere else, too, and think, it may save some time (for everybody ). would change the subject to 'moving to WNC soon' though

Old 02-05-2011, 10:40 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,837,831 times
First, all of this is addressed in the forum's Terms of Service.

Quote:
When asking questions about a location, give as much detail as you can, so we can zero in on the info you need. If house hunting, what is your price level or rental amount. How many BR's, Baths, square feet, lot size, etc, do you need? Pets? SFH, TH, Condo, mobile home? In-town, rural, college town, military town, mountains? Schools for children? Gated community, golf course community, active senior community? Do you need to stable a horse? Is there an RV or boat trailer to consider? The more you tell us, the sooner our regular posters can reply with specificity. Same for any other criteria you have. Please avoid open-ended requests like "I'm moving to your city, tell me EVERYTHING I need to know."

Second, Atlanta forum notwithstanding, moderators have been instructed to limit sticky threads to two per forum, so this forum has already reached its limit.

Third, the Atlanta forum is much busier than the Asheville forum, and there simply aren't enough threads to justify that kind of sticky here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina