Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:39 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,881,361 times

Advertisements

no idea about a room ... but congrats !!! good for you and I hope, you are going to spend a great year in Asheville.

I just came back from the area ... how lovely and I simply can't wait until we finally move this coming june !

all the best to you and keep us posted ! If the hotel is willing to support you, it would be my first try, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 07:13 AM

49 posts, read 78,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
no idea about a room ... but congrats !!! good for you and I hope, you are going to spend a great year in Asheville.

I just came back from the area ... how lovely and I simply can't wait until we finally move this coming june !

all the best to you and keep us posted ! If the hotel is willing to support you, it would be my first try, I guess.
Thanks! I am looking forward to moving over there.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:22 PM

Okay, after all, I was DENIED for the visa, so I will not be able to come there and do my internship. I applied 3 times but, despite all my good intentions and necessary documents, my application was denied. So i needed to broke the contract with this company. I was so looking forward to this opportunity and moving there for a year and learning more about the country.
This consular officer made a terrible mistake and his judgement was so wrong.

Still, I hope I will have some new opportunities in the future to come there and work legally.
Thanks to everybody for the answers. Peace.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:58 PM

279 posts, read 534,150 times
On NPR tonight I heard that the visa lottery is going to be redone because of a programming error. I don't know if this applies to you or not.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:04 PM

No, that is for people who got a green card.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:07 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedja View Post
Okay, after all, I was DENIED for the visa, so I will not be able to come there and do my internship. I applied 3 times but, despite all my good intentions and necessary documents, my application was denied. So i needed to broke the contract with this company. I was so looking forward to this opportunity and moving there for a year and learning more about the country.
This consular officer made a terrible mistake and his judgement was so wrong.

Still, I hope I will have some new opportunities in the future to come there and work legally.
Thanks to everybody for the answers. Peace.

So sorry for your disappointment. I appreciate you coming back to update your thread and wish you better luck in the future

Old 05-13-2011, 04:15 PM

Thanks.
I hope I will be able to, at least visit Asheville at some point, I have been doing so much researching about it

Old 05-13-2011, 04:18 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,472,792 times
If you love the outdoors, check out the internship placements available through xanterra in yellowstone national park. They provide the food and housing for a small fee and you get to experience once of the prettiest places in america. I know tons of people from all over the world do this so it might also be easier to get all the paperwork together since the company will be helping you. Plus you'll be able to make friends easily since its people from all over the world.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:04 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,881,361 times
bummer ! that really stinks. as far as I know, they only give out a certain amount of visa (depending on the category).
did they at least tell you the reason ?

I am pretty sure they suspected an immigration later on. But that's not a reason they would tell you.

I also think it was very nice of you to post an update and you sound so positive and strong-minded .... I am sure something else will open up for you.

you should try switzerland or the black forest in germany (which at least looks like Asheville )

good luck with everything !

Old 05-14-2011, 09:46 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,246,549 times
I came back on here to edit my post and managed to delete it. So, I shall say simply Pedja, I am so sorry you had a mix-up and came to ruin at the consulate's office, but with your friendliness and good attitude, I am sure you will travel more and enjoy more of the beautiful life you have ahead of you. GG

Last edited by gigimac; 05-14-2011 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: i totally goofed this up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina