Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,528 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My husband and I are planning on relocating to Asheville, NC area from Florida. Can anyone please give me some pointers on the good, family area's of Asheville, and were too look. I am wanting to keep out of the not so good (trashy, gangs etc.) area's of Asheville.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 12:14 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,552,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joplus3 View Post
Hello,
My husband and I are planning on relocating to Asheville, NC area from Florida. Can anyone please give me some pointers on the good, family area's of Asheville, and were too look. I am wanting to keep out of the not so good (trashy, gangs etc.) area's of Asheville.

Thanks

Have you been to Asheville and/or the surrounding areas?

Old 02-24-2011, 01:24 PM

904 posts, read 2,874,516 times
Start by researching the schools. Find which one's would be right for your child and go from there.
Best approach when hiring a realtor is to tell them what school district you want to be in and they can help you find the right fit as far as house, price, type of neighborhood, etc.

That's the way we did it 3 years ago and I can't imagine being any happier.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:13 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,473,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Have you been to Asheville and/or the surrounding areas?
And do you actually have jobs lined up (or not need them)?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:23 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,881,818 times
we have several threads in this forum, where many, many users gathered great information. it's worth using the forum's search or you just scroll down the page.

good luck with everything !

Old 02-24-2011, 08:18 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,881,818 times
I did some forums search for you, hope, that helps

//www.city-data.com/forum/weste...view-west.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/weste...aise-kids.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/weste...asheville.html

Old 02-25-2011, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,384 times
Hello!

I hope all is well.

I am also looking to move to the western North Carolina area sometime in the start of 2012 and have read LOTS of good stuff about Asheville and surrounding communities. One spot that I saw was Skyland Heights that looked great.

My 'requirements' are an apartment, maybe a 2 bedroom, in a rural-ish environment for myself and my two kitty cats. I am not a "club/pub crawler" so nightclubs, etc. do not interest me. I really don't need a "fitness center" (well, I DO need it but that's another story...LOL) although a pool would be nice. Ideal rent would be around $650/mo, less would be great, of course!

My primary concern is, of course, safety. I also don't want to be stuck in a dingy, bug infested, dark and grotty apartment in a complex where the managers/maintenance staff don't give a hoot about their renters and things don't get taken care of in a timely manner. Gosh, I don't ask for much, do I??!

Can you nice folks give me an idea of the nice neighborhoods in which I can start my search?

And no, I have not yet visited the area but will remedy that this summer.

MANY THANKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina