Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM

17 posts, read 27,130 times

Advertisements

Please tell us about your veterinarians that you really like. We have two dogs and a parrot and want to find a good pet doctor with a great "bedside manner" towards both the animals and us. We'd like one close to Fletcher but not necessarily in Fletcher. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 12:41 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,944,334 times
We had the same question as you when we moved here - sans the parrot. We asked around and got a few recommendations for Animal Hospital South. We've found the vet to be a nice guy and good at his trade. It's straight up US 25 (Hendersonville Road) from Fletcher behind the now closed Flat Rock Grill and across the street from Carolina Day School, in South Asheville.

Here's a link:

Animal Hospital South - Quality Veterinary Care in Asheville, NC since 1981

Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,471,745 times
Biltmore Vet. on Hendersonville road or Dr. Christoph at Candler vet Clinic.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:04 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Easily reached from Fletcher south on Rt. 25 into Hendersonville.

All Saints Animal Hospital. He has a website.

Everyone I have sent there would never go anywhere else now. Dr. Kevin is awesome, compassionate, gentle, and does a ton of animal charity work with the Humane Society. His staff goes above and beyond.
D'ya think I love Dr. Kevin!

Old 03-17-2011, 07:04 PM

Thank you for all of the suggestions. We should be able to find a good one pretty close to home now.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:32 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,880,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Easily reached from Fletcher south on Rt. 25 into Hendersonville.

All Saints Animal Hospital. He has a website.

Everyone I have sent there would never go anywhere else now. Dr. Kevin is awesome, compassionate, gentle, and does a ton of animal charity work with the Humane Society. His staff goes above and beyond.
D'ya think I love Dr. Kevin!
that's always a good sign !! great recommendation, it is hard to leave my delaware vet, since he works with the same compassion !

Old 03-19-2011, 02:56 PM

54 posts, read 122,377 times
One of the most difficult things about moving is having to find new docs for both humans and pets.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:42 PM

You're right, SheRuns. I've just begun looking for human doctors but am getting some recommendations from our current doctors. The problem with the vet is that most of them do not treat birds. I've found one near Fletcher (maybe he's actually in Arden) named Dr. Lee Bolt. I like to know if anyone knows him.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:15 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeebop View Post
You're right, SheRuns. I've just begun looking for human doctors but am getting some recommendations from our current doctors. The problem with the vet is that most of them do not treat birds. I've found one near Fletcher (maybe he's actually in Arden) named Dr. Lee Bolt. I like to know if anyone knows him.
I'm not sure of the name of the small animal vet on Sweeten Creek Road, but there is one on the left if you are heading toward Asheville. His office is a bit set back in the trees, and says "small animals, birds, etc." Could be Dr. Bolt, I'm not sure, but that office has been there a long time. I would also ask at some of the pet stores about where to find a good vet for birds. In Hendersonville, On Rt. 176, there is a private pet store "Pet Source" that sells and boards parrots, macaws etc. etc. That would be a good source for information also. Phone: 1-828-698-9810

Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 PM

Thanks, QuilterChick. Dr. Bolt is the vet at Sweeten Creek according to the website. We didn't know about the Pet Source store and will definitely check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina