Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 03:25 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,223,416 times

Advertisements

Are you sure we are not related and seperated at birth!!???? LOL! I'm not a hermit but I found my 'dream farm' in a very small mountain town. I have made many wonderful friends, I LOVE living here!!!! Every season is special and beautiful! Living in the Blue Ridge Mountains has exceeded all my expectations! GOOD LUCK! Annie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 10:46 PM

16 posts, read 28,587 times
Default Thanks All!

@queenofbavaria - Yes, the smell, the sound and the touch are everything.

@BigJon3475 - Thanks, good to know, I'll be looking in the neighboring towns as well.

@motordavid - Yea man, the Blue Ridge Parkway was always on my list, but I never got around to it. Even after living in the Rockies, some of my favorite roads are still in NE, especially in Vermont and upstate NY. My gut tells me that the roads where you are are probably as good or better than anything out there. I'm sure you can point me to a few good one's. Ha, ha, yea, the 405, where you can expect a bumper to bumper at any given time, 24/7.

@LiveLoveLaugh - Yea maybe, I always wanted a sister
I've looked at a couple of small farms too, there's virtually nothing off the table at this point. I'm still looking at all the statistics that are applicable to that area and so far I can't find any that aren't attractive.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:43 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,223,416 times
I flew up here to look at a farm that the Realtor sent me loads of pics after I called her and I was very dissappointed...I didn't see the gas station down the road in the photos. Then she insisted we go look at a farm that she had heard about but hadn't seen...it wasn't even on my list! The photo did nothing for the house, the price was higher than I wanted to spend (before renovations) and boy....I'm glad we took a ride to see it!!!! From the moment we got to a few miles away, the landscape turned to pasture and farms and as we made the turn down the road I was pinching myself because I could not believe how beautiful it was. Then we make another turn and there is a GORGEOUS river and I was completely under its spell from the moment I saw it! The house had cobwebs and wallpaper from the 50's! The capet was also from the 50's!!!!! The floors sagged (it needed a new foundation) the walls upstairs were falling down....and ...LOL...OMG....I LOVED it!!!! I just knew what I could do w/ it! It had old fake panels...LOL....I was IN LOVE!!!! I never had a moment's hesitation that I was doing the right thing. The overall picture was STUNNING!!!! I was sooo excited and when I showed the pics to my friends and they thought I was joking! After years of renovations and work and $$$$$, she has been restored to the beautiful house she is meant to be! My house in my eyes is a true treasure that I am more than blessed to live in. LOL...1 day I was walking down the road w/ a lady who pointed to my house and said "that is my FAVORITE house" I said...that's my house!!!! I read every back issue of Country Home, Country Living, This Old House, etc. Did you ever see the commercial on TV where the man says when he grows up he wants to fix up old houses??? LOL...I found my calling and I hope you do too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina