Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 AM

467 posts, read 1,188,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
As of right now this post has been viewed 93 times and no one who lives in Asheville knows the answer. How pathetic.

Quote:
Just confirms the hippy cluelessness we encountered this past week. I have nothing against hippies, but
Are you sure about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 05:28 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,819,681 times
I have something against stupidity, ignorance and cluelessness. Funny how "no one saw the post" til I started making comments about Asheville. Not much of a helpful attitude from Ashevillians on this forum - I am NOT talking about my thread alone. Look at this thread, it got one reply and it wasn't even from someone in Asheville.
//www.city-data.com/forum/weste...ek-advice.html

Oh and P.S., I think asking an employee for directions qualifies them as a local. I think I can figure out who the employees are.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:46 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,406,578 times
Quote:
As of right now this post has been viewed 93 times and no one who lives in Asheville knows the answer. How pathetic. Just confirms the hippy cluelessness we encountered this past week. I have nothing against hippies, but no one downtown knows anything. Don't ask them where stuff is.
Oh, you have something against stupidity, ignorance, and cluelessness?

Well, we have something against rudeness, and you have it in spades.

We are not paid for our time on City-Data. It is voluntary and most people lead busy lives. I don't have time to open every thread that appears and I'm pretty sure it's the same for everyone else.

That you picked out one other thread that hasn't gotten an answer means little. You just chose to ignore the hundreds and hundreds of threads that have gotten answers.

Maybe people read your thread and didn't know the answer. I certainly don't know the answer because it's not something I've had any reason to know. Being called "pathetic and clueless" doesn't make me or anyone else inclined to find out for you either.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:01 PM

207 posts, read 463,516 times
As for actual answers:

Downtown the Dripolator, Izzy's Coffee Den, and the French Broad Chocolate Lounge all have full coffee menus with a few local beers on tap/bottle and some deserts available, and all have nice atmosphere's to just chill in. French Broad is obviously going to be the top pick for desserts because that whole place is made of deliciousness.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:55 AM

467 posts, read 1,188,750 times
Quote:
Oh and P.S., I think asking an employee for directions qualifies them as a local. I think I can figure out who the employees are.
Hey little Devil, this is where you are either wrong, flat out making assumptions or both.

I was recently in NYC for an entire week and got the same response(s) from Subway Toll Attendants, local business suit and tie types (obviously in a hurry to make a train or get to work), Starbucks baristas <the horror!> and I didn't lash out at anyone.

It is what it is. Not everyone, everywhere, are as informed as you'd like them to be. Or perhaps this forum just isn't that into you...

and your disgruntled attitude.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 AM

6 posts, read 7,152 times
Lol, hopefully you all scared them back to where they came from WTG

Old 05-15-2012, 09:07 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,406,578 times
And ... how many people would make it a point to know if there is a coffee shop that sells coffee and desserts and alcohol all together?

Its just so random.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:24 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,879,652 times
he/she should include some happy pills as well ~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina