Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 03:24 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,552,885 times

Advertisements

Rather than doing a Google search and coming up with commercial ads, I'd much rather get word of mouth advice on where in our western NC area (within 30 miles radius or so of Asheville) where we can find nice quality goat's milk products. Hand creams, cosmetics, soaps etc. I want to buy some thank you gifts from local businesses. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 PM

440 posts, read 1,093,076 times
...sounds good... your post got my attention... hoping someone let's you know

Old 03-15-2013, 06:07 PM

113 posts, read 276,398 times
Check out Mountain Farm in Yancey County. It's probably a bit further than 30 miles from Asheville but its a great excuse to hop the BRP and then take beautiful NC-80 along the South Toe. If you are not up for the drive, I believe they also sell stuff online.

It is good quality stuff (soaps, lotions, etc.) and we have given it as gifts to rave reviews. Mrs. Opt-Out is the real expert in such matters and she really likes it, too.

There is so much hidden talent in WNC. It is fun to share it with people from other places!

Hope this helps,
Opt-Out

Old 03-15-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt-Out View Post
Check out Mountain Farm in Yancey County. It's probably a bit further than 30 miles from Asheville but its a great excuse to hop the BRP and then take beautiful NC-80 along the South Toe. If you are not up for the drive, I believe they also sell stuff online.

It is good quality stuff (soaps, lotions, etc.) and we have given it as gifts to rave reviews. Mrs. Opt-Out is the real expert in such matters and she really likes it, too.

There is so much hidden talent in WNC. It is fun to share it with people from other places!

Hope this helps,
Opt-Out

Thank you so much for your reply .... , I just checked the website, awesome! I will order some gifts online. At this point I am housebound for a few weeks recuperating from surgery so I can't boogie up the highway; but I sure can do some retail therapy online. Will also put the Mountain Farm on my "road trip" list to visit in person this summer when I get back to being the designated driver forever exploring and never running out of wonderful places to visit and things to do.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:37 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,473,588 times
Troyers Amish store in Fairview sells stuff but they aren't always stocked with a ton. Just depends on the time you go and if a shipment came in.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
Troyers Amish store in Fairview sells stuff but they aren't always stocked with a ton. Just depends on the time you go and if a shipment came in.
Thank you Saucy; will put Troyers on my list of more great places to discover.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:00 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,473,588 times
If you have never been you will love it. Make it a trip and go to hickory nut gap farm and the flying cloud farm (which is a honor system roadside stand and flower field).

Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 PM

107 posts, read 249,719 times
I LOVE Toadstool Alchemy Soaps. The owner goes through great lengths to ensure she has the finest, purest, essential oils and the goat's milk is local as well. Not sure if she has an actual website, but here's the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ToadstoolAlchemyLab

Old 10-12-2014, 03:43 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,048,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basstr
I make goat milk soap
I think snake oil soap is better.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:21 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,539,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Rather than doing a Google search and coming up with commercial ads, I'd much rather get word of mouth advice on where in our western NC area (within 30 miles radius or so of Asheville) where we can find nice quality goat's milk products. Hand creams, cosmetics, soaps etc. I want to buy some thank you gifts from local businesses. Thanks so much.
I buy their lip balm base all the time and they have excellent product. This one you just melt and pour into your own shaped container or get some from them.

Stephenson Goat's Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base:Soap Bases:Personal Care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina