Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2015, 06:54 PM

28 posts, read 35,735 times

Advertisements

What are the best hospitals around western NC? I am an RN looking to find a decent paying hospital. I am willing to travel. I know I won't get paid as much as NY but I would like a decent hospital. I have heard bad reviews about the mission health system. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 12:03 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,059,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melhunny46 View Post
What are the best hospitals around western NC? I am an RN looking to find a decent paying hospital. I am willing to travel. I know I won't get paid as much as NY but I would like a decent hospital. I have heard bad reviews about the mission health system. Thoughts?
The only free ratings service I can find has Mission Heath as the best-rated hospital near Asheville, but you can make of that what you will. Below Mission comes: Pardee UNC in Hendersonville, Haywood Medical center in Clyde and Park Ridge in Hendersonville. The rest of the ratings are here: Facilities in Asheville, North Carolina (NC) - Hospital Ratings, Cost, Length of Stay, Affiliated Physicians, More...

Consumer Reports also has ratings if you subscribe to their magazine.

Then, Medicare.gov has detailed statistics if you want to dig through them. An example here, based on Hendersonville: https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcom...ng=-82.4609528

Old 09-16-2015, 12:04 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,384,606 times
Try glassdoor.com

Old 09-17-2015, 12:31 PM

119 posts, read 173,485 times
Mission is the best in Asheville area. Haywood sucks and I would not go there if I was dying. Pardee, I have a friend who works there and says the pay is not that good. My boyfriend works at Mission in housekeeping and my son has a friend that lives in the Apartment complex we do and is dad is an RN at Mission and he likes it ( they are from NY).

Old 09-17-2015, 02:03 PM

24 posts, read 45,144 times
Mission is the only major hospital in Asheville. There might be a VA?

Old 09-17-2015, 06:51 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,534,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantastiquet View Post
Mission is the only major hospital in Asheville. There might be a VA?
VA hospital in Swannanoa, between Asheville and Black Mountain.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:59 PM

7 posts, read 5,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melhunny46 View Post

straight up, not Mission, they treat their staff like crap and well they call it Dr Jack Kevorkian Hospital, in fact there was a nurse that worked there and she committed suicide at Mission, security as well as others have complained about staff treatment. There are law suites against them for negligence as well as major health issues and diseases. If you are a private person well your dirty laundry well will be on the front page news and the staff is two faced and childish and petty.

Most people who live there go to the next county for treatment, or are vets, now if you work at veterans hopsital you will be ok.

drugs are big there, and it is either witch city and demonic or your a hippy or homeless looking for food or drugs etc,

by the way dont fall for lies your hear about Obama or Tiger woods moving there its a load of crap..

dont buy a house you will never sell it, and people there think their properties are worth a mint and they are very outdated, so bang for your buck is out of the question.

Watch your wallet, if they know you have money, then anything goes to get it from you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina