Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2020, 07:03 PM

902 posts, read 810,262 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wbt...-resigned/amp/

“... Zack attributed the departures to a lack of support and a “very vocal” opposition to law enforcement following the death of a Black man in Minneapolis police custody earlier this year.”

Not surprising considering how unstable the local population of AVL and surrounding seems to be these days. Guarantee that many tourists are second guessing visiting the city and making plans to bypass it and spend their tourist $$$ in other towns / areas in the region.

Guessing the thirty one officers were all bad cops ... or simply tired of being surrounded by hateful people. We know a few AVLPD officers personally and can tell you they’re all stand up, hardworking family types with many simply tired of being surrounded by what AVL has become.

Definitely not a loss on the officers end. That’s for sure.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 09-22-2020 at 08:01 PM..

Old 09-22-2020, 09:53 PM

6,636 posts, read 4,324,285 times
Policemen across the country are resigning. This is not unique to Asheville. Asheville continues and will continue to be popular as a tourist destination.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...e-george-floyd

Old 09-23-2020, 12:24 PM

The dogs are still there barking but have fallen upon deaf ears. So peaceful now.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:46 PM

5,463 posts, read 6,074,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Policemen across the country are resigning. This is not unique to Asheville. Asheville continues and will continue to be popular as a tourist destination.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...e-george-floyd
Oh here, I can't stand it. Forums should not have "ignore" features, everyone has a right to be heard.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:45 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,764,825 times
Good for them! They should go find communities that appreciate them.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Good for them! They should go find communities that appreciate them.
I'm sure that many have already found better communities and citizens to serve.

Lot’s of towns have done the opposite and thrown appreciation events for their officers and first responders, including two by us recently that we both volunteered at and donated $$$ to.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Oh here, I can't stand it. Forums should not have "ignore" features, everyone has a right to be heard.
I agree to a point until conversations turn pointless, disrespectful and condescending. I’m certainly not immune to it, as my strong opinions on certain subjects can bleed (ok, gush) through at times.

A very well known poster here on CDF (Quilter Chick, who I dearly miss) and I butted heads many times over my strong opinions and general dislike of realtors (which she was).

Although we butted heads a lot we also got along very well behind the scenes, getting to know each other, our pets and our families through many private conversations. Our differing opinions never had to turn ugly or personal, and mutual respect was always given.

The people here that I’ve filtered out (LAP, BC, SB, RJ and HL) are a different breed. They have zero respect for any opinion other than their own, believe that being critical of Asheville means hating it (quite the opposite), take cheap shots at our children and send their jabs even behind the scenes.

So yes, every action has a reason, and I see filtering out that kind of nonsense going forward makes for a better experience here and a much better one for myself.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 09-23-2020 at 08:53 PM..

Old 09-23-2020, 08:56 PM

6,636 posts, read 4,324,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
I agree to a point until conversations turn pointless, disrespectful and condescending. I’m certainly not immune to it as my strong opinions on certain subjects can bleed (ok, gush) through at times.

A very well known poster here on CDF (Quilter Chick, who I dearly miss) and I butted heads many times over my strong opinions and general dislike of realtors (which she was).

Although we butted heads a lot we also got along very well behind the scenes, getting to know each other, our pets and our families through many private conversations. Our differing opinions never had to turn ugly or personal, and mutual respect was always given.

The people here that I’ve filtered out (LAP, BC, SB, RJ and HL) are a different breed. They have zero respect for any opinion other than their own, believe that being critical of Asheville means hating it (quite the opposite), take cheap shots at our children and send their jabs even behind the scenes.

So yes, every action has a reason, and I see filtering out that kind of nonsense going forward makes for a better experience here and a much better one for myself.
Personal attacks on not one, but 5 frequent posters (posters who provide valuable information, in a thoughtful and considerate way) on this site. None of these five that I'm aware of have taken cheap shots at children or sent jabs to children. These posters, including myself, many times have opinions that differ from his. People should be able to present their opinions, no matter how different they may be. The reality is that Vince moved to Asheville. For some unknown reason, didn't like it, and sees fit to come back and denigrate it as much as possible. I, as well as others, have the right to respond to these posts.

Last edited by Lizap; 09-23-2020 at 09:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: