Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2023, 05:17 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,256,356 times

Advertisements

Hello Asheville friends. We are planning on coming to Asheville on a Monday and spending Monday afternoon downtown and then a nice dinner followed by the Biltmore on Tuesday and back downtown to a hotel Tuesday night and departing Wed morning.

Question: Will we have enough to be entertained on Monday and have dinner options on a Monday and Tuesday night in October? We like distilleries, antiques, neat shops and decent/nice dining. I know Monday and Tuesday aren't ideal for many places....especially for restaurants. We are pretty much locked into the days so I just am trying to make sure it won't be a big letdown due to the days. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 06:25 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,284,584 times
My experience is that more places are closed for lunch than dinner. I started a job officially based out of downtown last January, and Monday and Tuesday during the day was slim pickings. Dinner is usually better. October is leaf season so there will be tourists from the Blue Ridge Parkway and such.

If you’re looking for a specific place, it would be best to call ahead

Old 08-22-2023, 07:40 AM

6,632 posts, read 4,298,457 times
You will be able to find places to eat - there just want be as many to choose from since some are closed on Monday. Also, there should be enough things for you to see and enjoy on Monday.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:30 PM

27,207 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
Hello Asheville friends. We are planning on coming to Asheville on a Monday and spending Monday afternoon downtown and then a nice dinner followed by the Biltmore on Tuesday and back downtown to a hotel Tuesday night and departing Wed morning.

Question: Will we have enough to be entertained on Monday and have dinner options on a Monday and Tuesday night in October? We like distilleries, antiques, neat shops and decent/nice dining. I know Monday and Tuesday aren't ideal for many places....especially for restaurants. We are pretty much locked into the days so I just am trying to make sure it won't be a big letdown due to the days. Thanks.
OP, all four of these well-respected/highly ranked restaurants in Downtown Asheville are open Monday and Tuesday evenings. I have eaten at all four at least twice and recommend highly.

https://www.ashevillebouchon.com/
https://packstavern.com/
https://theblackbirdrestaurant.com/
https://curatetapasbar.com/

If you have favorable weather, dinner at the Grove Park Inn's Sunset Terrace is a nice experience. Try to book for pre-sunset so you can catch the whole process. https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/as...sunset-terrace

Old 08-24-2023, 11:00 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post

There will be more than enough restaurants open for you. Depending on what kind of food you like, there is a good selection for lunch and dinner. There will also be more than enough to do in a couple days. The South Slope has a bunch of breweries. There are cool shops downtown but keep in mind, many close around 5 or 6. There's a neat antique shop in downtown called Lexington Park Antiques. If you have time, I would also venture outside of downtown. Check out The Tobacco Barn, The Regeneration Station and Sweeten Creek Antiques. These are not too far from the Biltmore and lots of fun!

Enjoy your visit!

Old 08-25-2023, 04:11 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,256,356 times
Awesome! Thanks everyone for the verification of restaurant availability and the shopping/dining suggestions! Looking forward to visiting!

Last edited by midgeorgiaman; 08-25-2023 at 04:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina