Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:18 PM
omr omr started this thread

1 posts, read 3,686 times

Advertisements

I have looked around the Wichita area, I like Andover. It is close to Wichita and is a nice area.
What other areas are there like andover? I have seen that the homes for sale in this area are not that cheap. And or the specials and taxes are 4000 a year. What choices are there to live in a nice area, have some what reasonable taxes? Are there nice areas in Wichita proper? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 07:21 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Check over in the 'block' surrounded by Rock, 21st,Woodlawn and 29th. Older established neighborhood, pretty quiet.Our specials are like $3.65 a yr. There is a greenbelt, with playgrounds, and jogging paths.HOA Dues $215 year. Close to Bradley Fair shopping and Restaurants, close to Dillons, easy to get any where via 96 to the north or Kellogg to the south. We like it here and there are some better homes for sale, and some not as nice. Most under 200K.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,670 times
how is 620 N Pershing I found a home there I like. Is crime bad? I have been told that Wichita is a bad place to live for crime, move to andover or derby. I like the college hill area. Nice old homes. I also found one in 1711 S. Leanne kind of south east Wichita

Last edited by bjandbear; 07-02-2008 at 09:23 AM..

Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
That Pershing addy is near McDonald golf course...there are some nice old homes over in there. We were just at the course Sun. & were commenting on the neat older homes.I'd live in that area, of course I'm not some stuffed shirt yuppy out to impress someone with a fancy address. There are a wide range of prices in that vicinity. All I will say is stay away from Grove/Hillside, over toward WSU...just leery of it myself, although there are some families over in there who do have pride of ownership and are law abiding.
Personally I wouldn't go south of Kellogg...just a personal preference ....more based on where I like to shop and hubby's work.

eastside is the best side...LOL that ought to stir it up!

Old 07-10-2008, 05:24 AM

11 posts, read 234,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
That Pershing addy is near McDonald golf course...there are some nice old homes over in there. We were just at the course Sun. & were commenting on the neat older homes.I'd live in that area, of course I'm not some stuffed shirt yuppy out to impress someone with a fancy address. There are a wide range of prices in that vicinity. All I will say is stay away from Grove/Hillside, over toward WSU...just leery of it myself, although there are some families over in there who do have pride of ownership and are law abiding.
Personally I wouldn't go south of Kellogg...just a personal preference ....more based on where I like to shop and hubby's work.

eastside is the best side...LOL that ought to stir it up!
Don't forget Riverside. And College Hill.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:27 AM

20 posts, read 112,009 times
Just look for places where homes are over 15 years old. They wont have specials,there allot of decent areas in wichita without specials the thing is if the prices aren't looking cheap to you you need to look in a lower bracket instead of the 200k go to the 150k.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:13 PM

4 posts, read 23,378 times
Have you considered Mulvane? I grew up here and have returned here and it is a very nice community. I believe the houses are less expensive here than Andover. We just sold our house and bought a different one here. The housing market in this town is not good right now, so we had to take $25,000 less for our house than when we started. You can get a good deal if what you are looking for happens to be for sale, and you do not want in a fancy new area.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:41 AM

321 posts, read 1,214,252 times
My neice's family moved from Milwaukee, WI, to the Maize/Goddard area several years ago, and loved it. Their neighborhood was very nice, quiet, and friendly. They recently moved to Mt. Hope (?) because her husband wanted land, and they love it there, too.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:37 AM

3 posts, read 16,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower sue View Post
Have you considered Mulvane? I grew up here and have returned here and it is a very nice community. I believe the houses are less expensive here than Andover. We just sold our house and bought a different one here. The housing market in this town is not good right now, so we had to take $25,000 less for our house than when we started. You can get a good deal if what you are looking for happens to be for sale, and you do not want in a fancy new area.
What are the taxes like there in Mulvane? Any of those crazy "special" taxes?

Old 11-30-2008, 10:01 PM

10 posts, read 44,161 times
I'll give a good recommendation for Bel Aire. It's in a great location (just NE Wichita) and you can easily access most of the good restaurants & shopping quickly.

Bel Aire is more of a bedroom community where we don't have many businesses, but we're literally only 1 mile from a grocery store, gas station, drug store, restaurants, etc. in Wichita. It's a great place for families & there is very little crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita