Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 AM

979 posts, read 3,669,556 times

Advertisements

kychlo...assuming they would want railroad access... I used google earth...and there is a LOT of land that looks to be over 60 acres...to the South of that new Implement dealership...on the south side of the 4 lane. You would turn LEFT behind the ND Game&Fish dept. and go south on the paved road...it is just East of the West acres subdivision. Another place could be just across the highway from the same area... on the North side of the 4 lane... there is that new light industrial subdivision where many new oil companies are building...National Oil Well, Cudd, etc... just to the West of this subdivision, there is a big 4 sale sign... there is LOTS of open land there as well...but am guessing it would be the big open area on the south side of the highway, along the railroad tracks. When you drive along the 4 lane...there are so many oil service companies that line the entire lenght from the Trenton turn off to Williston and from the Missouri River bridge to Williston... (were talking about 8 miles filled in with warehouses along both highways)...but behind these warehouses, there is a lot of open land.

I tried to send a link, but when you open it up, it just shows the entire United States. But just use Google search engine... choose maps (either the earth or satellite version) and type in Williston, ND... you can zoom in just west of Williston and see what I am talking about. (look at the open area SOUTh of US 2&85 along the tracks)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 08:32 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,280 times
Roloff1976 - I was also assuming back behind the Game and Fish somewhere. If it's 3 miles west, Game and Fish almost exactly 3 miles west. I never thought of google earth. Thanks for the idea. Too bad SLB well service is stuck where it is now with no real room to expand. If you get a chance to drive east of Williston to see Halliburton's new facilities you will be impressed. The Olympic man camp is almost finished, their frac sand plant is operational, and their new headquarters is being put up now. They earned the address Halliburton Drive in Williston!!

Sanjel built a new facility a few years back and the big red machine is about to swallow them up. All of their new building has been right on Sanjel's doorstep. Nothing like keeping your competition close.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM

979 posts, read 3,669,556 times
kychlo...yes, I know Halliburton had broke ground on their new expansion...when I was through Williston last summer, they were putting up a huge building. Halliburton's campus there in Williston is huge. Will be anxious to check it out when I head that way over Christmas. If I'm not mistaken, I think they have around 60 acres of developed land as well... seems like these companies are always trying to outdo each other...bigger and better then the competition....lol...but that is good for Williston.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,580 times
Looking to move to Williston,if my husband gets the truck driving job he has applied for,we live in Ky. Thanks to good old GM we lost our trucking bussiness, our home, and all our stocks and savings. Just want to start somewhere fresh, one child in college and one home schooled. Does anyone know anything about the work 2 weeks and off 1 week schedule? Love small town country life.Scared about the housing their.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:20 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,167,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011shelly View Post
Looking to move to Williston,if my husband gets the truck driving job he has applied for,we live in Ky. Thanks to good old GM we lost our trucking bussiness, our home, and all our stocks and savings. Just want to start somewhere fresh, one child in college and one home schooled. Does anyone know anything about the work 2 weeks and off 1 week schedule? Love small town country life.Scared about the housing their.
Shelly,

I'm in the process of moving to Williston and the last time I was there (a few weeks ago), I talked to one of the HR people at Haliburton. Some of their jobs do 2 weeks on 1 week off. You work overtime for 2 weeks in a row (I believe they are 7 day weeks and you get paid overtime for each hour over 40). The week off you get paid for 40 hours, straight time. So it's a 3 week cycle. Sounds interesting and with the overtime you can make a decent buck, but the work schedule is demanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston