Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 01:32 PM

155 posts, read 748,538 times

Advertisements

This Is What Life Is Like In A Town Without Women (Williston, North Dakota)

Read more: Life With Few Women In Williston, North Dakota
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 06:12 PM

454 posts, read 940,713 times
I'm sure more woman would like to come, there is money to be made doing to many of the jobs that need to be filled, but I'm just going to take a wild stab and say the biggest thing stopping them is housing.

Had to kind of chuckle when I read the first paragraph. Up until Broncogirl mentioned something similar recently, I hadn't heard that............................., but it will make it here. Also, male rape is something alot of guys ARE NOT going to chit-chat about over a few beers.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:21 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Well, evidently the women are hesitant to report this also, look at how people make them out to be liars. That is normal in rape cases, the victim gets re-victimized. Hasn't changed much in 30 yrs. I don't doubt that rapes have happened to both sexes....and I'll bet if they aren't from here they just quietly go back home. IMO the type person that would do that horrible crime, would probably harm anyone that told.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:24 PM

454 posts, read 940,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Well, evidently the women are hesitant to report this also, look at how people make them out to be liars. That is normal in rape cases, the victim gets re-victimized. Hasn't changed much in 30 yrs. I don't doubt that rapes have happened to both sexes....and I'll bet if they aren't from here they just quietly go back home. I would imagine the type person that would do that, would probably harm anyone that told.
Exactly! That's why when I read the first paragraph and the author states something to the effect that "he's going to track that rumor down", I'm chuckling and thinking to myself, "Good luck with that".

Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM

174 posts, read 378,976 times
Rumors suck...almost more than being a single man in this town. But I had to laugh at the article, because I know for a fact that there have been sexual assaults in the last six months whatever his source at the PD said. And the waitress they quoted isn't exactly a reliable source. I know her and she is shall we say slightly "unbalanced". She also doesn't really like the PD because of her past interactions with them.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:03 PM

Here's my opinion for what it's worth. These guys that come here and are bemoaning the lack of women aren't very proactive in their thinking. If a guy is making money hand over fist, and can't book a flight home, or catch a train east or west on their days off...or even start chatting online once in a while then they aren't very intelligent. There are plenty of single women online looking.......there are plenty of decent towns to visit away from the boom area. There is church, there are community events, there is volunteer work....There are untold ways to meet and make friends w/ the locals. Hanging at the strip bar isn't top of the list. If you really want to make friends, and have some sort of social life, then just do it. Take a trip somewhere warm, even if you are by yourself it would beat sitting around complaining.....There are some really nice drives into MT, or even into MN. Take a leap.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:49 AM

25 posts, read 191,566 times
Are you saying that Williston could be turning into Brokeback Mountain -- not by choice but convenience? I'm sure one can get desperate and all, but Jan is right -- there are bound to be plenty of single women a few hours' distance out of the area even.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:30 AM

You have choices. Choose money over life quality, regrets every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
View detailed profiles of: