Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times

Advertisements

Johnson(r) vs Feingold(d)
Barette(d) vs walker(r)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 06:29 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Johnson(r) vs Feingold(d)
Barette(d) vs walker(r)
?????????????????????

Old 10-14-2010, 07:40 PM

113 posts, read 309,237 times
PolitiFact Wisconsin | Sorting out the truth in politics

Read and decide for yourself.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:25 PM

im going to start with the one shown during the michigan-iowa game which says obama-pelosi stimulus bill targeted at feingold did he forget this stimulus is the same one provided by bush and did the individua;s that made the commercial, do people have that much AMNESIA

Old 10-16-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post

thanks

Old 10-16-2010, 04:11 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryGuy View Post
Yeah if there's one paper that isn't bias I'm sure it's the JS Politifact.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:23 PM

3 posts, read 6,127 times
Generally speaking, Walker has a history of neglecting Milwaukee County, it is true that he actually neglected the Milwaukee County Mental Health Facility, cut certain things, and it is still in terrible shape overall. Also before anyone brings up the flooding or whatever that consumed the city, Walker stayed on the campaign trail while Barrett stayed to Milwaukee and did all he could.

Furthermore, the whole county of Milwaukee was in a state of emergency, and the sewage that went into Lake Michigan was not all from the City of Milwaukee, but South Milwaukee, and other surrounding areas.

He has a tendency to dodge attacks, avoid responsibility blaming people lower than him, and breaking promises other than the very top of society. Not to mention, I think to show his self serving nature to save his skin he pledged with a Pro Life group saying he was completely against Stem Cell research only to jump backwards and say he is only against embryonic stem cell research. He changes his mind whenever he choose to, to the point that someone in the debate from the WFRV (Green Bay, Fox Cities station) actually gave the comment “Maybe if Politicians were not busy dragging their feet, my wife would still be alive from blood leukemia.”

I'm an independent but I consider Barrett a better choice between Scott Walker and Tom Barrett. A lot of Tom Barrett's criticisms of Scott Walker are justified and hold a lot of water if you look it up online. You will find reliable sources for it. That and Barrett did get Milwaukee with a surplus of money despite his higher taxes and managed to keep whatever jobs he could in the city of Milwaukee. That says a lot because Milwaukee was hit HARD as an industrial city by the recession.

In fact? The National Republican Campagin actually pointed out Tom Barrett can bring Jobs to Milwaukee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHiCoJI49g

As for Feingold and Johnson, I have nothing against Johnson but he's s not in touch with reality of the working man at all and it shown in the debates, you can argue about the health insurance bill, but forget Feingold's liberal ideology for a moment. He has stood against wall street and he actually has been consistently voted and the only politician if I remember in the 90% range to vote what is in mind to benefit his state. Johnson believes in the creative destruction and Reaganomics that destroyed my family's business in the 1980s.

I say most people should vote for Democrat this time around in terms of Governor, Senate, Attorney General, and Congressional Districts - except for the 6th District. Tom Petri has a pretty excellent history as a Republican and has been thinking and representing their portion.

Last edited by HookerButt; 10-16-2010 at 05:02 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 08:10 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryGuy View Post
Were it that simple:

PolitiFact Wisconsin is a product of the Milwaukee J/S:

It's corporate bias is well known:

http://uppitywis.org/blogarticle/jou...clear-gop-bias

Remember, that since 2003, media has been free to lie, or 'distort' news for financial gain, and while not as bad as the infamous Wisconsin State Journal, the J/S is also in it for the money, rather than the facts.

As for 'Politifact' on the national level, it is a creature of the St Petersburg (Fla.) Times, another corporate source of boardroom bias.

So, sadly we're on our own trying to deduce the verities from the balderdash.

http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion...3/2D01-529.pdf

Last edited by Geechie North; 10-18-2010 at 08:18 AM..

Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 AM

77 posts, read 253,097 times
I going to vote for Walker and Johnson since I feel the democrats are full of lies this Fall

Old 10-18-2010, 08:26 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,817 times
I am voting for Barrett and Feingold because they're being realistic and know that leadership is working with both parties to get something done.

Repeating 'No' over and over doesn't make this a better state or a better country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin