Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:00 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbhmeh1 View Post
Moving to WI with two teenage boys. I'm terrified. Sounds like a horrible place to raise kids.
What's so terrifying about living in the drunkest state in the country, and soon to be a state where you can carry a concealed weapon w/o any training, or permit...

...just a case of beer under your belt will be required, along with a cheese hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 12:15 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Wisconsin: the cheese and booze state

Old 05-27-2011, 03:20 PM

570 posts, read 1,753,538 times
Quote:
Moving to WI with two teenage boys. I'm terrified. Sounds like a horrible place to raise kids.
I'm quite grateful I was raised in the country in Wisconsin with plenty of active outdoor things to keep me occupied. During the couple of short times I spent in the city, there wasn't much fun stuff to do outside the home that didn't involve trouble.
Can't wait to move back to rural WI and have a peaceful, safe, fun, low crime place with good schools to raise my children.

Last edited by notmuch69; 05-27-2011 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-27-2011, 03:38 PM

132 posts, read 279,142 times
Quote:
it is don't move here, move to LA or San Fran instead or better yet don't move at all. I am sure it is nice and safe inside of your little bubble that you live in.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:20 PM

58 posts, read 170,506 times
I'm glad it doesn't bother any of you but I think it's pretty pathetic. I've lived here my whole life and I'm sick of how no one here can manage to figure out how to socialize without downing a 12-pack of crummy light beer first. I don't mind a little social drinking with friends but "social drinking" and "binging" are one and the same here. Don't bother going out unless it's the weekend because you'll probably end up with a horrible hangover, at least if you try to keep up with your peers.

Personally I think people drink so much here because they're all secretly miserable but I guess blaming the Germans is a cute way around admitting that.

And no, the beer here is terrible. Wisconsinites care about quantity, not quality. Same goes for the food.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:11 PM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCivet View Post
I'm glad it doesn't bother any of you but I think it's pretty pathetic. I've lived here my whole life and I'm sick of how no one here can manage to figure out how to socialize without downing a 12-pack of crummy light beer first. I don't mind a little social drinking with friends but "social drinking" and "binging" are one and the same here. Don't bother going out unless it's the weekend because you'll probably end up with a horrible hangover, at least if you try to keep up with your peers.

Personally I think people drink so much here because they're all secretly miserable but I guess blaming the Germans is a cute way around admitting that.

And no, the beer here is terrible. Wisconsinites care about quantity, not quality. Same goes for the food.
My college roomate from Wisconsin is a doctor. Perhaps if a better class of people wanted to hang out with you while sober......

Old 05-29-2011, 04:16 PM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
UT state is one of the biggest party schools in the country mod cut

Last edited by golfgal; 05-30-2011 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: not necessary

Old 05-29-2011, 06:15 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCivet View Post

And no, the beer here is terrible.
Sorry not true. Local beer is probably the best in the country, although quite pricey. I don't like beer, but even I drink it - it's that good.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:22 PM

3,073 posts, read 8,025,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Wisconsin: the cheese and booze state
Sounds good to me!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:03 PM

8 posts, read 15,141 times
get drunk at the kids party, kids grow up, get drunk at the kids party, kids grow up, get drunk at the kids party on and on and on. Then lets go out and kill someone on the road. Wisconsin just doesn't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin