Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times

Advertisements

It's almost unfathomed to be told you're the winner of an election and then have it stripped away because of a error made by a city worker.
Maybe Prosser should man-up and share his role as judge as a show of good faith?
I'm sure Kloppenburg would've done the same. Together they could accomplish so much more.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:15 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
It's almost unfathomed to be told you're the winner of an election and then have it stripped away because of a error made by a city worker.
It wasn't "stripped" from anyone since she didn't win anything to begin with. Maybe she should've waited until the Official numbers came in and not numbers from an outside news source. Besides 204 votes out of 1.5 million is well within the margin of error. I think she was dumb to jump out and declare herself the winner instead of waiting for the official numbers. Seems like bad Judgement to me.

Quote:
Maybe Prosser should man-up and share his role as judge as a show of good faith?
I'm sure Kloppenburg would've done the same. Together they could accomplish so much more.
So if Prosser doesn't "man-up" he is acting like less than a man? a wimp? Share his role of good faith? Kloppenburg would've done the same thing? what world are you living in? Should Obama merge with Bush? I mean if he wants to "man up". Why should Prosser show good faith when he did nothing wrong? People need to start living with the fact that elections have consequences and respect the wish of their fellow voter.

Last edited by Milwaukee City; 04-19-2011 at 02:26 PM..

Old 04-19-2011, 02:19 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
It wasn't "stripped" from anyone since she didn't win anything to begin with. Maybe she should've waited until the Official numbers came in and not numbers from an outside news source. Besides 204 votes out of 1.5 million is well within the margin of error. I think she was dumb to jump out and declare herself the winner instead of waiting for the official numbers. Seems like bad Judgement to me.

So if Prosser doesn't "man-up" he is acting like less than a man? a wimp? Share his role of good faith? Kiloppenburg would've done the same thing? what world are you living in? Should Obama merge with Bush? I mean if he wants to "man up". Why should Prosser show good faith when he did nothing wrong? People need to start living with the fact that elections have consequences and respect the wish of their fellow voter.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:10 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times
I'm just thinking some type of compromise would show good form and avoid passing onto wisconsinites the million dollar cost of a recount.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:39 PM

545 posts, read 1,485,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I'm just thinking some type of compromise would show good form and avoid passing onto wisconsinites the million dollar cost of a recount.
So you're basically proposing to nullify the results of a democratic election and have some sort of power sharing agreement. Putting aside the constitutional challenges that would prevent this from happening, would you want the same thing if Kloppenburger had won? As far as the cost, Kloppenburger should know that the chances of her making up 7000+ votes after the statewide canvass are basically nil. She is the one that should show "good form" by conceding the race at this point.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:36 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
I'm just thinking some type of compromise would show good form and avoid passing onto Wisconsinites the million dollar cost of a recount.
To avoid a recount again Mrs.K should not even have a recount. In our states history the largest over turn of votes via recount is 500. So it is very unlikely that she will find 7,500 deficiencies in the recount. I guess we will have to wait for her judgment on this one. We will see how good of judgment she has or if the people funding her campaign tell her to recount.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:59 AM

77 posts, read 253,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
To avoid a recount again Mrs.K should not even have a recount. In our states history the largest over turn of votes via recount is 500. So it is very unlikely that she will find 7,500 deficiencies in the recount. I guess we will have to wait for her judgment on this one. We will see how good of judgment she has or if the people funding her campaign tell her to recount.
And the most overturned across the whole US is about 1,000 votes. So she has no chance of winning at all.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Default Answer: Yes.

Quote:
It's almost unfathomed [sic] to be told you're the winner of an election and then have it stripped away because of a error made by a city worker.
Election results do not have to be fathomable.

5.01(3)
(3) Plurality shall elect.

5.01(3)(a)
(a) Except as provided in par. (b), in every election to choose any officer, each elector has one vote for each office unless clearly indicated otherwise. The person receiving the greatest number of legal votes for the office shall be declared elected, and the canvassers shall so determine and certify.

Quote:
Sorry.

17.19 Vacancies, elective state offices; how filled

17.19(2)
Judicial. In the office of justice of the supreme court , court of appeals judge or circuit judge, by temporary appointment by the governor, which shall continue until a successor is elected , as provided in s. 8.50 (4) (f), and qualifies. When so elected the successor shall hold the office for a full term and shall take office on August 1 succeeding the election.

Quote:
I'm sure Kloppenburg would've done the same.
See above.

/thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:38 PM

132 posts, read 279,142 times
Quote:
Maybe Kloppenburg should pull on her big girl panties and not ask for a recount.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:22 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,817 times
I'm happy she's calling for a recount.

It will put any rumors to rest about cheating, incompetant republicans that "find" 7,000 votes a couple days after the election... if the vote totals are the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin