Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 04:16 AM

20 posts, read 33,820 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone and sorry for posting again. I am so confused and can't take a decision yet. Is Belleuve suburb of Green Bay safe and nice for family with kids? On this form I saw a post where Belleuve was described as good and bad. The reason why I am considering it because it is close to shopping, good school and Globe university the apartment I found was in luxury crystal lake. What do you think guys ? I also may consider Howard but I am not sure which one to choose? Your inputs are appreciated

Last edited by fairymama2; 05-16-2014 at 04:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 06:09 AM

747 posts, read 839,672 times
Yes, Bellevue is a clean and safe area. I work in Green Bay but choose not to live in a city of that size. Although if I did, Bellevue would be my first choice. Plus, it's closer to the beach!

Old 05-16-2014, 06:50 AM

20 posts, read 33,820 times
Thanks for reply. Is Bellevue in Green Bay city? I thought it is a suburb. Why people don't like to live in city? And if you were in my place and have small kids would you go to crystal lake in Bellevuue or Howard?
Thanks a lo!

Old 05-16-2014, 08:01 AM

747 posts, read 839,672 times
Bellevue and Howard are both suburbs of Green Bay that lie just outside the city limits. So since it is one large metropolitan area, I consider it all the same city.

Just for my own tastes alone, so I would choose Bellevue. I just looked at where Crystal Lake is located and you will have easy access to all your needs. You'll actually be a short drive to downtown Depere that may have more for you to offer. I think it might be a nice place for you to settle in with your kids.

As far as why people don't like to live in a city, I personally could give you a hundred reasons, but that's just me. It's all about the quality of life. When I first moved here I knew I wanted to live near the lake and commute to Green Bay.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:29 PM

52 posts, read 104,771 times
You've probably mentioned it, but have you visited the area? It sounds like you like city life. Everyone has a different definition of that, but by a lot of people's standards, Green Bay doesn't have a city feel to it. You don't cross over a bridge from a suburb like Bellevue or Howard and you're in a city with traffic and traditional city life. It's not like that. There's probably more activity in Ashwaubenon than most of Green Bay. Bellevue is nice and so is Howard. Bellevue had issue with their water some time back, but it could be resolved now. Howard has a new high school and some new development is going up on the outskirts. As previously mentioned, downtown DePere has a nice feeling to it with a few shops and it's walkable. The college is there so it gives it a livelier feeling. Good luck with your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin