Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 08:51 AM

124 posts, read 147,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
I missed this part before I mistakenly wasted my time with a serious response. I think you're confusing extroverts with exhibitionists. Not that it would surprise me; most of the people who throw introversion and extroversion into a thread usually use them improperly, or attempt to connect dots that don't exist, such as:

"I'm a Millenial so I don't have cable"
"Because I work in technology, I bought a Honda Civic".

Yes, the above actually came from these forums. Surprised? Neither am I.
Then that Millennial must not have friends with much money, then. Millennials like me don't have cable because Internet is more important and does more things (including most of the things cable does). I've never heard of the car one (but don't know anyone that works in technology).

Okay, well exhibitionists are a subset of extroverts, and anyway I didn't just mean like microskirt or slutty miniskirt with lots of cleavage, I mean like normal office dress, that never shows much above the knee. Office skirts often make me horny (I like legs). I really doubt Wisconsinans are tough enough to wear that all winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 08:59 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec012014 View Post
Then that Millennial must not have friends with much money, then. Millennials like me don't have cable because Internet is more important and does more things (including most of the things cable does). I've never heard of the car one (but don't know anyone that works in technology).

Okay, well exhibitionists are a subset of extroverts, and anyway I didn't just mean like microskirt or slutty miniskirt with lots of cleavage, I mean like normal office dress, that never shows much above the knee. Office skirts often make me horny (I like legs). I really doubt Wisconsinans are tough enough to wear that all winter.

You are incorrect, again.

And women don't wear skirts because you're a perv and need to ogle. Keep away from this fine state, please.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
New Orleans weather!!! Hell no. Been there, once for Jazz Fest, and another time, and the weather there is a living hell.

I've never been to a bar in Wisconsin where the women looked like bank robber. I can't recall androgynous women either, I find the women in Wisconsin hotter than the ones in Boston, or San Francisco, where I've also lived. Places like LA, GA, and KY (i've also lived in KY) have nothing on Northern Women.

And what gear? I can't recall ever going someplace with a coat check. I've lived in northern Vermont, Wisconsin, and other "colder" places and have never bought a "winter coat". I've never needed one. I have a carhart with a blanket lining, and if I wear a sweater or a sweatshirt under it is good for the coldest weather.

I guess you're just very soft.

You are not funny. And people don't dress like that. We're not soft and weak.
They never dress like that in Eau Claire or Green Bay or north of there? Even if they don't have a car and have to walk and wait at the bus stop in the street? I guess if I could park nearby everywhere and for some reason never wanted to ever do anything outside like hiking or football games I might be able to do that, I don't know, I never lived there.

I said if it'd switch to Wisconsin weather before it got hot. You would not prefer that? Or maybe Cleveland weather? It probably isn't hotter than the deep continental Wisconsin and has a big lake to the west to moderate temperatures. And the snow is probably only 60 inches a year or so in the good side (non-ghetto).

Wisconsin women are hotter than Boston or San Francisco, true, but redneck/hillbilly women can be as hot too.. in pictures. In real life they act like rednecks and have that damn Southern accent.

Well the coldest I've been in is only about 0°F and I barely walked a quarter mile out of the store holding groceries before I went back for gloves (it got colder while I was indoors), and they only had work gloves not winter gloves so I could only walk a mile before I started to think frostbite is not impossible soon. So I took a break from walking and I went in a store and took off the gloves and my fingers were pink and took so many minutes to warm completely (I still had another mile to walk). Other than that I only needed one hooded jacket, one pair of jeans, sneakers (no socks), and a T-shirt but I was cold. Two hooded jackets and two pairs of jeans and socks is what I'd have worn if I knew it'd get that cold, and what I wore for the rest of the polar vortex of about 0°F. I can't tell at what temperature I'd want a ski mask because I've only been to -1°. Maybe -15? How's that by Wisconsin standards? Do I go up to soft without the very?

Old 09-09-2015, 09:58 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
"Conscientious" and "agreeable" seem to go hand-in-hand--who would have guessed?

The "neurotic" section seems spot-on, but I would not have picked the upper Midwest for extraversion..at all.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
You are incorrect, again.

And women don't wear skirts because you're a perv and need to ogle. Keep away from this fine state, please.
Well do you do it without thick socks? (I don't know what they're called, leggings?) In -15F and lower? By the time you have to wear something opaque (read granny-looking) that's not sexy anymore. The only opaque thing that's hot is tight pants.

No I'm a virile male that gets horny if I don't get any for a while. I don't like to bother women or make them uncomfortable and don't stare and women usually like if I look at them cause I'm attractive and look at her face. I'm pretty sure cavewomen invented skirts to tantalize men while holding something back (after humanoids stopped going naked). Otherwise, men would wear them sometimes. Just because it becomes a part of cultural femininity doesn't mean that that's not why it started. There's no need to have Medieval to World War I dresses down to the floor that are still dresses instead of pants if it wasn't for getting men's interest (back when it took much less to do that) or husband foreplay (and conformity to a single fashion, which we have less of now than a few decades ago).

Old 09-09-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
"Conscientious" and "agreeable" seem to go hand-in-hand--who would have guessed?

The "neurotic" section seems spot-on, but I would not have picked the upper Midwest for extraversion..at all.
This openness to experience map goes to lower levels of openness and looks spot on too.

Their extroversion map maxes out in a spot centered on Chicago that goes to about Green Bay. Also Peninsular Florida, Kansas City, Dallas, and parts of Georgia and Alabama. Being from New York, I wonder why Chicago's so extroverted and New York is not. Why Chi-town and Kansas City? The only thing I can think of specific to Chicago and Kansas City is that they had the largest slaughterhouses in America till about 1970, with up to a square mile of livestock, deadstock and buildings in one place.

Last edited by Dec012014; 09-09-2015 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: too much bluelink

Old 09-09-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I have a carhart with a blanket lining, and if I wear a sweater or a sweatshirt under it is good for the coldest weather.

I guess you're just very soft.
Oh, that's what a carhartt is? I thought meant you covered your car and wore a sweater under your clothes, lol. A carhart sounds like some kind of car or car window cover that traps the car heat to make it like 0°F inside instead of -20°F when you get in in the morning. Then you turn on the heat, go to work and put the carhart back on after you go home..

Old 09-10-2015, 10:08 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,812 times
I think the OP is too concentrated on what he thinks cold weather looks like. You don't bundle up to go bar hopping, even when it's 0 degrees. If it is extremely cold, or a small town where bar hopping isn't as feasible, you stay at one spot.

Except for Madison and Milwaukee (and I really don't know about them), people generally don't take the bus in Wisconsin.

Altogether, your argument seems to be that you can't be sociable when it's cold and it's cold most of the time in Wisconsin. Both are faulty arguments. April through October are nice, and there are more nice days than not in the remaining months. If anything, the cold brings people together and gives them something to talk about, even with strangers.

However, it has more to do with culture than weather. Wisconsonites like to share and to small talk. Whenever I see a post on here that talks about how stand-offish Wiscononites are, I think, "Hells bells, you must be doing it wrong then."

Old 09-10-2015, 04:05 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec012014 View Post
This openness to experience map goes to lower levels of openness and looks spot on too.

Their extroversion map maxes out in a spot centered on Chicago that goes to about Green Bay. Also Peninsular Florida, Kansas City, Dallas, and parts of Georgia and Alabama. Being from New York, I wonder why Chicago's so extroverted and New York is not. Why Chi-town and Kansas City? The only thing I can think of specific to Chicago and Kansas City is that they had the largest slaughterhouses in America till about 1970, with up to a square mile of livestock, deadstock and buildings in one place.
No, you read the map incorrectly. Chicago is in the high reading for extroversion while KC is barely extroverted by comparison.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
I think the OP is too concentrated on what he thinks cold weather looks like. You don't bundle up to go bar hopping, even when it's 0 degrees. If it is extremely cold, or a small town where bar hopping isn't as feasible, you stay at one spot.

Except for Madison and Milwaukee (and I really don't know about them), people generally don't take the bus in Wisconsin.

Altogether, your argument seems to be that you can't be sociable when it's cold and it's cold most of the time in Wisconsin. Both are faulty arguments. April through October are nice, and there are more nice days than not in the remaining months. If anything, the cold brings people together and gives them something to talk about, even with strangers.

However, it has more to do with culture than weather. Wisconsonites like to share and to small talk. Whenever I see a post on here that talks about how stand-offish Wiscononites are, I think, "Hells bells, you must be doing it wrong then."
Well then why is the culture like that? It can't be as simple as "cause 19th century immigrants from Germany were extros" cause nearby Chicago's as extroverted as anywhere on the maps but has much less German-American heritage:

Maybe all the people who wanted a better job market just left a long time ago? Leaving behind less open, more extroverted people who only need hanging out to be happy? Especially since Rust Belt jobs are now a lot more "low paying customer service" than they used to? Mind-dullingly boring and tiring for me, but for you it must be like "People! I could not want more.". Maybe some open introverts who went out-of-state for the experiences (like students) never come back? (they don't miss their Wisconsin friends so much that they can't leave). So Wisconsin gets more extroverted so more intros want don't want to return so it gets more extroverted and so on? Also, you have about the coldest part of the Rust Belt. More incentive for all the open to experience pansies to leave? Maybe introverts are in that group too but just don't go as far south as the party states? Or go to opener Minneapolis where they have good jobs, trains and that cool skybridge system?

And anyway here's a Packers fan wearing a ski mask. I guess he's a pansy? One spectator died during this game. He or she loved the Packers so much that s/he watched till s/he died of exposure.

Last edited by Dec012014; 09-10-2015 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: missing words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin