Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 08:44 PM

20 posts, read 17,953 times

Advertisements

Hi Jesse 276
it's only a question, not being ignorant.

Maybe I spelled it wrong, like a trellis, like a tall framed , metal piece that holds growing vines or flowering plants, as they grow, the plant clings, or twist and turns and grows on the trellis rods.

Some people put these near the wall outside a house, or some people put these against a fence to decorate the fence with the growing plant

I hope I explained it correctly, forgive me for my spelling or terming it wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 04:12 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,521,105 times
Install the small garden fences available from Menards.Quick easy and he'll get the point!

https://www.menards.com/main/buildin...95865352089164

Old 06-06-2016, 08:54 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,253,714 times
Having two threads on the same subject...and two different City-Data profiles...is gonna get confusing.

You could put up another fence to protect your birch tree and your shrubs. Some folks install a double fence to address issues such as yours. Be sure to get a new survey first.

Does it really matter if he cuts the grass up to your fence? Or if he attaches a trellis to his side of your fence? If you don't like the look of the trellis you could install privacy slats.

I would talk to him first. Tell him nicely that since you both have different survey interpretations that you are gonna survey again. I would also tell him what your plans are to address your differences...installing more fencing. If he doesn't like fences...and some people really dislike them...he may stop his behavior if he learns it is gonna get him more fencing.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:03 PM

Default Jumpindogs

Posting in two different city.data forums, due to the first being done for the state, then concerned each city or town may have their own rules or ordinances.

So after a little more research, found city.data forum closer to home, which was hoped would shed a little more light on the issues going on, didn't realize it would show up on both sites.

Yes it does matter if he cuts our grass on our property. This is what is so upsetting, as we asked him not to cut our grass. And to see he cuts his grass every three days just so this fresh line shows, then say to us why isn't our grass cut.
This whole thing is so out of hand and obvious intentional .
The issues were discussed.
Now put yourself in our position, if you see your neighbor butt up to your tree, cutting grass over the property line, on your ground, politely tell him this is private property, then see you are being defied rights to your own property rights, would you walk away? This is why it is so irritating.

Thanks for your time and effort of concern.

In a matter of 7 days, this man cut his grass three times. Right outside our front window the line is there, for us to see disgusting.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicusalionel View Post
Posting in two different city.data forums, due to the first being done for the state, then concerned each city or town may have their own rules or ordinances.

So after a little more research, found city.data forum closer to home, which was hoped would shed a little more light on the issues going on, didn't realize it would show up on both sites.

Yes it does matter if he cuts our grass on our property. This is what is so upsetting, as we asked him not to cut our grass. And to see he cuts his grass every three days just so this fresh line shows, then say to us why isn't our grass cut.
Now put yourself in our position, if you see your neighbor butt up to your tree, cutting grass over the property line, on your ground, politely tell him this is private property, then see you are being defied rights to your own property rights, would you walk away? This is why it is so irritating.

In a matter of 7 days, this man cut his grass three times. Right outside our front window the line is there, for us to see disgusting.

So get a survey and put up a fence. End of problem. It is that simple.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:21 AM

2,116 posts, read 3,050,294 times
If your survey is a legal, boundary marking survey, use it to locate your property line and install the trellis and mark the line as you wish. If h moves your property you can then contact the police for his trespass violation. Using a legal survey to make your point, he will then need to produce proof of his claim.

While probably not how I would want to solve a problem with a neighbor, if it is important to you, this may be the least expensive way to get it in front of a court.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:

Since you asked me I will tell you. Yes, I would walk away. There are way more important things in life to be concerned about than whether your neighbor is cutting a section of your grass along the shared lot line. I'd prefer to let such a non-issue as who cuts a strip of grass go in order to live a low stress life and get along with my neighbors as best I can.

How you can find a line that demonstrates that his grass is shorter than yours "disgusting" is revealing. That is not disgusting. That occurs in our neighborhood every time someone cuts their grass and the next door neighbors waits to cut theirs. The fact that you find it disgusting shows that you are heavily invested emotionally in this issue.

If you think he is doing it to intentionally irritate you...which he prolly is if he cuts the grass three times in one week...and you allow it to irritate you then he is winning that psychological battle. Just ignore it. I didn't read previously that he is asking you why your grass isn't cut. If he is asking you that and you are not cutting your grass regularly then start cutting it more often. If you are cutting it regularly then smile and say "We just cut the grass last (whatever day) and I think it looks fine. However feel free to cut the grass on our property next to yours if it makes you happy." That'll take the wind out of his sails.

As long as you allow him to derive enjoyment from his game of manipulating your emotions he will continue to play it. If you make the game no fun for him (by killing him with kindness) he will eventually stop. Unless he is a psychopath and then I'd consider moving.

Or, as I and others suggested, you could build a fence. Plenty of folks install fences along their front property lines.

Honestly, if we were mistakenly cutting the grass over our lot line and our neighbor asked us to stop, explaining that it was private property, I'd consider that a little odd. We'd stop certainly. But I'd file that information away, viewing them as overly fussy and likely not destined to be friendly neighbors.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:46 PM

Default Jumpindogs

Thanks for the insight.

Disgusting was meant as aggravation the issue is causing, not as seeing the difference in grass cut on the line.
The impression appears as though as putting us down, like who do you think you are, even to think I will stop cutting this area, whether stake there or not.

But thanks for your words of wisdom, do appreciate, I asked for advice and received it.

It was helpful.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the insight.

Disgusting was meant as aggravation the issue is causing, not as seeing the difference in grass cut on the line.
The impression appears as though as putting us down, like who do you think you are, even to think I will stop cutting this area, whether stake there or not.

But thanks for your words of wisdom, do appreciate, I asked for advice and received it.

It was helpful.
You're welcome.

He prolly is trying to make you feel as if he is putting you down. So what, right? That's his problem not yours. He obviously lives a sad life to behave that way. Live yours happy.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:05 PM

Default To all the respondents to property stakes/lines

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond with advice.

It is all appreciated.

Everyone of you deserve good back, thanks so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: