Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 PM

5,980 posts, read 13,118,780 times

Advertisements

The TV "Unsolved Mysteries" show always gave me the creeps when I was a kid, because the segments always about real stories ranging from unsolved murders/missing people to ghosts/UFO stories, and with the spooky music and Robert Stacks perfect voice for a TV show like that.

But the one story that probably more than any other that I found a little disturbing was about a family in Horicon, WI who moved in a very everyday ranch house built in the 80s and had paranormal incidences that escalated and become so threatening to the family that they ended up fleeing their home in terror in the middle of winter.

For some reason, I recently thought of it after all these years and decided to do a little more research, including reading about it in a book titled: "Haunted America." Apparently, the second hand bunk bed they bought, as well as switching their childrens bedroom triggered the hauntings.

What stuck in my mind as a kid then%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
I remwber the episode you're talking about. Beyond that, I don't know much of the story.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:16 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
The TV "Unsolved Mysteries" show always gave me the creeps when I was a kid, because the segments always about real stories ranging from unsolved murders/missing people to ghosts/UFO stories, and with the spooky music and Robert Stacks perfect voice for a TV show like that.
Same here, as a kid I never liked watching that show alone. Great show but I am not sure how much of it was real.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 PM

5,980 posts, read 13,118,780 times
What I was going to add was that was disturbed be is that it took place in a very standard, pleasant looking block of suburban ranches. One usually associates paranormal activity with a rundown, half-abandoned Victorian era building.

I don't exactly believe in ghosts per se as its commonly understood, but I don't necessarily assume that people are necessarily creating an elaborate hoax. Hallucinations maybe. Maybe something else that has some physical/scientific underpinnings, but there have been instances, where it clearly seems that SOMETHING happened.

To think that a family would flee in terror from there comfortable home in the middle of the winter, staying with family/motels, etc. for a few weeks, take a loss selling their home, and stay out of the public eye. (even when they did the Unsolved Mysteries, they shadowed their faces to protect their identity. It can be a bit unnerving even to the most skeptical.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,258 times
If it was hallucinations, then it means that all five family members were suffering from them. Which is highly unusual. That could mean gas leak problems in the house were causing the hallucinations, but from what I understand, when they did do gas repairs in that neighborhood the Tallman house was not one of them. Plus the next family that moved in had no hallucinations. Also, hallucinations do not explain the slamming doors they kept hearing, or their pets acting strangely, because some animals do have a sixth sense. If it was hallucinations, why only at night ??

If you're suffering from a haunting or demonic infestation, there's a reason for it. These things don't happen out of the blue, that's why they're so rare. A gateway or portal has to be opened, usually by an ouija board or seance. These spirits have to be invited in.

That's why I feel it was the bunk beds. Somebody evil may of died in them (maybe even that little witch the children kept seeing), or the wood itself may of been cursed. Many objects are reported to be cursed, or perhaps somebody put a curse on the Tallmans. The fact that the next people to move in reported no paranormal activity seems to support this theory.

It all stopped after the beds were destroyed.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:18 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1976 View Post
If it was hallucinations, then it means that all five family members were suffering from them. Which is highly unusual. That could mean gas leak problems in the house were causing the hallucinations, but from what I understand, when they did do gas repairs in that neighborhood the Tallman house was not one of them. Plus the next family that moved in had no hallucinations. Also, hallucinations do not explain the slamming doors they kept hearing, or their pets acting strangely, because some animals do have a sixth sense. If it was hallucinations, why only at night ??

If you're suffering from a haunting or demonic infestation, there's a reason for it. These things don't happen out of the blue, that's why they're so rare. A gateway or portal has to be opened, usually by an ouija board or seance. These spirits have to be invited in.

That's why I feel it was the bunk beds. Somebody evil may of died in them (maybe even that little witch the children kept seeing), or the wood itself may of been cursed. Many objects are reported to be cursed, or perhaps somebody put a curse on the Tallmans. The fact that the next people to move in reported no paranormal activity seems to support this theory.

It all stopped after the beds were destroyed.

Mold? I mean, I don't believe any of this stuff, but perhaps a mold issue...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: