Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 02:13 PM

2,177 posts, read 1,233,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
That's exactly what I meant about disingenuous treatment by the liberal press, splashing around helplessly in the shallow end of the intelligence pool...They, and you, fail to take into account the Fed contributions to cover state Infrastructure costs....and now that Joe is bringing in (we shouldn't believe it 'til we see it) Microsoft, the spending will not have been for naught.

You also seem to be ignorant of the multiplier effect of job creation (those construction jobs already provided by the completed infrastructure improvements). More income tax revenues and more sales tax revenues from the new income. That increased sales volume leads to more jobs in the stores & factories which generates even more tax revenue.
Are you seriously taking the position that it is OK if the Feds paid some of it? Still my taxes. Now MS is paying the $ to FC for the land ( not WI or USA ) to buy part of their taxpayer funded real estate investment windfall. Because Joe & Evers are now fixing the situation which Scottie and plumpy failed miserably in creation and salvaging from their own mistakes in no way absolves them. You make claims, and discount the numbers linked. Show us your numbers, not failed concepts. Explain why ( specifically ) you dispute/refute the linked information. What do you have to back up the 'liberal press' accusation for strongtowns.org? You need to back your stuff up or you have really said nothing at all worth reading or considering. Thanks for playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2024, 04:06 AM

7,335 posts, read 5,222,238 times
Start here https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/brie...governments.to trace funding for interstate highways.....You are right, fed or state taxes, it's still our money (BTW-- why should I pay for someone else's solar panels or EV?)

I'm not defending the Foxconn deal, just pointing out that it didn't turn out quite as bad for WI as the Libs want to make it look....

...and isn't it ironic that Biden"s boasting about a replacement deal wouldn't be possible without the improvements & expenditures already in place thanks to the failure of the previous deal?

And as long as we're at it-- What about Solyndra?....Solyndra?..., anybody?....Solyndra?...Buehler?

Old 05-11-2024, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Start here https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/brie...governments.to trace funding for interstate highways.....You are right, fed or state taxes, it's still our money (BTW-- why should I pay for someone else's solar panels or EV?)

I'm not defending the Foxconn deal, just pointing out that it didn't turn out quite as bad for WI as the Libs want to make it look....

...and isn't it ironic that Biden"s boasting about a replacement deal wouldn't be possible without the improvements & expenditures already in place thanks to the failure of the previous deal?

And as long as we're at it-- What about Solyndra?....Solyndra?..., anybody?....Solyndra?...Buehler?
Do you have anything specific to the matter at hand regards your link? General concepts and your speculations are not valid premises for any position, like yours. No premise = argument fails.

' didn't turn out quite as bad for WI as the Libs want to make it look..'.... what a fine defense! Do you have real numbers to associate with that claim? Which libs? Can you quote what they said? Or are you just imputing your fabrication on to others? You do realize that almost no one takes what you toss out as fact, right? You need to be able to back up your claims.

Then ... can you show us the Joe quote ? I hesitate to rely on your mis interpretation/recollection. It is impossible to consider that which you do not specify.

And forget your whataboutism. ( logical fallacy variant of the tu-quoque pattern, which is a subtype of the ad-hominem argument) Try to keep on topic.

BTW .... This is why people put you on ignore or just don't put much stock in what you say. Have you figured out the geology of that 'Lake Michigan fish ' yet? You should see the comments people give me about that Pretty sure I'm not supposed to reveal that on the forum.

Old 05-12-2024, 06:15 AM

7,335 posts, read 5,222,238 times
OK. You win . You re right. The Feds never pay for any Interstate System roads. Silly me. I should have known that.

And if I buy a diamond ring and my girl friend says no when I ask her to marry me, the the money for the ring was wasted. I have to throw it away. I can't hold on to it for the next opportunity to marry.... The readers who don't put me on ignore will be smart enough to see that point.)

They are also smart enought to see that the Solyndra comment was a valid counterpoint to your selfsanctmonious criticism of the foxconn deal. If we are keeping score, the Libs are way ahead in the Failed Buddy Capitalism Scheme game.

...and the Pb in the fish study was Informal, never submitted for publication.. We all knew that environmental Pb levels are high in IL (and WI-- we got the name Badgers from the lead miners habit of living in caves they dug for themselves.) and that the Greenies at the time were making claims about Pb in the alewives for propaganda purposes....The researcher was a paleobotanist working on the Mazon Valley in IL, a site well known for the richness of fossils. His specimens contained many fish fossils....If your friends roll their eyes, they should learn a little more about natural Pb in the environment, geology and geography. New growing skeletons and fossilizing old ones both pick their minerals up from the environment., so one would expect them to be the same....That's direct info from one who witnessed it. No need for an outside reference. If you don't believe it, go repeat the study to prove it wrong. That's how science works. Your denial based on wishful thinking is an inadequate response.

Old 05-12-2024, 10:15 PM

LOL @ u
Quote:
OK. You win . You re right. .
duh
Quote:
. The Feds never pay for any Interstate System roads. Silly me. I should have known that.
Your idea, and once again not a bright one
Quote:
And if I buy a diamond ring and my girl friend says no .
smart girl
Quote:
. when I ask her to marry me, the the money for the ring was wasted. I have to throw it away. I can't hold on to it for the next opportunity to marry.... .
good luck with that
Quote:
. The readers who don't put me on ignore will be smart enough to see that point.)
to their detriment
Quote:
They are also smart enought to see that the Solyndra comment was a valid counterpoint to your selfsanctmonious criticism of the foxconn deal. If we are keeping score, the Libs are way ahead in the Failed Buddy Capitalism Scheme game.
do you know about brain worms? And then below we are getting down to the crux of the biscuit.
Quote:
...and the Pb in the fish study was Informal, never submitted for publication.. We all knew that environmental Pb levels are high in IL (and WI-- we got the name Badgers from the lead miners habit of living in caves they dug for themselves.) and that the Greenies at the time were making claims about Pb in the alewives for propaganda purposes....The researcher was a paleobotanist .
botanists are all about flora, not fauna. Normally, in a normal world anyway.
Quote:
. working on the Mazon Valley in IL, a site well known for the richness of fossils. His specimens contained many fish fossils....If your friends roll their eyes, they should learn a little more about natural Pb in the environment, geology and geography. New growing skeletons and fossilizing old ones both pick their minerals up from the environment., so one would expect them to be the same....That's direct info from one who witnessed it. No need for an outside reference. If you don't believe it, go repeat the study to prove it wrong. That's how science works. .
you don't seem to have the first notion of how it works
Quote:
. Your denial .
I deny nothing. Prove your stuff to be poo, sure, all day every day.
Quote:
. based on wishful thinking is an inadequate response.
Can we circle your wagons back to a place where you think that some how 'some 100 million y/o fish fossils' are in any way relevant ??? go on, spare no detail. I'll make more popcorn. Be advised you are stressing my popcorn budget.

Old 05-16-2024, 07:44 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,667,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Are you seriously taking the position that it is OK if the Feds paid some of it? Still my taxes. Now MS is paying the $ to FC for the land ( not WI or USA ) to buy part of their taxpayer funded real estate investment windfall. Because Joe & Evers are now fixing the situation which Scottie and plumpy failed miserably in creation and salvaging from their own mistakes in no way absolves them. You make claims, and discount the numbers linked. Show us your numbers, not failed concepts. Explain why ( specifically ) you dispute/refute the linked information. What do you have to back up the 'liberal press' accusation for strongtowns.org? You need to back your stuff up or you have really said nothing at all worth reading or considering. Thanks for playing.
If WI didn't grab the tax money it would have ended up in Texas. Doing nothing for you. Without that ready to build site Microsoft never looks at Wisconsin. It's not how you started but where you end up. This will prove a good deal for Wisconsin. Microsoft will attract other users---better users than some massive warehouse or robot factory.

Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

2,681 posts, read 3,876,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
BTW .... This is why people put you on ignore or just don't put much stock in what you say.

Changing topics - but can anyone explain the simple minded thought process of using "ignore" feature on a place like CD Data?

Given this is a voluntary exercise to come on sites like this and view/comment/ponder - what is point of creating an artificial echo chamber by canceling people who you may disagree with?

Seems like a method of cheapening the experience and just weakening yourself.

"Ooh - this person pissed me off - they gotta go."

Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post BTW .... This is why people put you on ignore or just don't put much stock in what you say. Changing topics - but can anyone explain the simple minded thought process of using "ignore" feature on a place like CD Data?

Given this is a voluntary exercise to come on sites like this and view/comment/ponder - what is point of creating an artificial echo chamber by canceling people who you may disagree with?

Seems like a method of cheapening the experience and just weakening yourself.

"Ooh - this person pissed me off - they gotta go."
Not to speak for those who put your referenced individual on ignore .... but it seems 'simple' to understand that in the general case that once any particular poster has demonstrated to be and is determined to be some sort of sub intellect -- why bother with their blathering? This is a big busy place. Who has time to wade all the dreggs? Are you expecting to learn something from them? Great enlightenment might be missed? Personally I don't have time for it and do not wish to engage in petty illogical chit slinging. Running the hamster wheel is optional not obligatory. Knowledge is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin