Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 09:53 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times

Advertisements

Ha ha Hntr, the thrill of a new plow.lol I got a craftsmen snowblower a few years ago for free and I remember I wanted to use it so bad. After the first time I said no more snow.lol I do want to get back into snow plowing so I do look forward to that aspect of winter. I just don't like the cold and salty roads!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 AM

1,085 posts, read 3,566,438 times
We got a four wheeler for my granddaughter/grandkids this year. My wife kept urging me to get a plow for it so I can use it instead of the snowblower. Let me tell you it was a pain in the butt to install that thing. Well, not so much the plow, but the winch to lift it up.

But I'm ready for snow and raring to go!!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:36 PM

620 posts, read 1,837,979 times
Did I hear 'snow' for Sunday night???

Old 10-07-2009, 08:25 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
I heard the "S" word, too! In fact, I'm driving to Des Moines tomorrow for my niece's wedding on Saturday and she said snow flurries for Sat. and Sun. in Des Moines. I had to find some gloves and plan on taking a warmer coat!

It is a little bit early, but I'm glad you guys are ready and raring to go! I had to dig around the garage to find my snow scraper, get it back in the car! Geesh, the leaves haven't even turned yet here on the lakeshore!

Have a great weekend everyone, Applefest is here in Two Rivers this weekend if anyone takes a ride!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:29 PM

I'm up in Warrens for the next few days and the leaves here are mostly green too! Not any real color yet.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:35 AM

1,085 posts, read 3,566,438 times
Well, they said it wasn't going to be a blizzard, just a few flurries here and there, but it is too early for snow.
I've been putting off getting my boat ready for winter storage, we don't want to admit boating season/summer is over, but I guess it's time. We are "fair weather" fishermen so I don't think we will be going out again this year.

Have fun and a safe trip to Des Moines Susan. Josh I hope you having a good time in Warrens. Did you take your bike up there?

I think this weekend we are sticking close to home.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 PM

No bike to Warrens. I haven't winterized the bike yet either so don't feel bad for having a little optimism for more good weather to come. I figured if I don't winterize the bike it will stay nice.lol

I went up to Couderay today and Hayward. Was about a three hour drive from Warrens. The scenery was just spectacular I wish I would've taken more pictures. Al Capones hideout was foreclosed on by the Chippewa Valley Bank so it wasn't open. I was bummed about that, the musky musuem was fun but they were getting ready for winter so it wasn't prime time. Tomorrow we're heading to Fort McCoy so my step dad can see his old military stomping grounds.

I don't look forward to the snow, however I do look forward to some colors down by Portage which should be soon!

Have a great weekend all! This is the perfect time to make some good chili.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:43 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Well, we got a few flurries yesterday here in central WI, but I'm loving our new pellet stove! Sadly the bike is going to be winterized today. I'm really glad that I got all my outdoor stuff done early this year. I saw quite a few of my neighbors looking absolutely miserable this morning in the wind and cold, putting away patio furniture, winding up hoses, etc.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:35 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,924 times
Requesting that Mother Nature hold off on plowable snow until we get moved the 2nd week of November. I have had more than enough of shoveling sidewalks. I swear, I truly thought people were joking with us when they talked about clearing the sidewalks... until we bought a house on a corner lot and discovered that the city doesn't do it. Yikes!

We are putting all but one shovel out in the "Moving Sale" next weekend so, fingers crossed tightly that we don't get any serious snow.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
Requesting that Mother Nature hold off on plowable snow until we get moved the 2nd week of November. I have had more than enough of shoveling sidewalks. I swear, I truly thought people were joking with us when they talked about clearing the sidewalks... until we bought a house on a corner lot and discovered that the city doesn't do it. Yikes!

We are putting all but one shovel out in the "Moving Sale" next weekend so, fingers crossed tightly that we don't get any serious snow.
I know your from the New England so I have a question. Isn't customary to shovel your sidewalks when it snows? I was never told I had to, I just always thought it was courteous. Plus shoveling is really good excercise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin