Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 05:43 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,628,979 times

Advertisements

I agree, Jail time and huge fines should be the punishment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 02:33 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,998,499 times
id prefer they just shoot them. pple that kill animals in this way tend to have a sociopathic bend to them. ever read about the nice young lady in nyc that stuck her live room mates kitten in the oven. she wont get the punishment that justifies the crime, nor will these idiots.

i really see something wrong with wanting to kill any living creature that isnt a direct threat. but thats just me.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:06 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,084,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
id prefer they just shoot them. pple that kill animals in this way tend to have a sociopathic bend to them. ever read about the nice young lady in nyc that stuck her live room mates kitten in the oven. she wont get the punishment that justifies the crime, nor will these idiots.

i really see something wrong with wanting to kill any living creature that isnt a direct threat. but thats just me.
I disagree about shooting the culprits responsible for this horrible act. Personally, I'm glad Wisconsin is one of a very few states that does not have capital punishment on its book. However, I do believe these guys need to serve some hard-time (at least 5-10 years). I also think they should never be allowed to own firearms ever again; they should never be allowed to hunt or fish ever again; and they should never be allowed to own snowmobiles, motor boats, RVs, jet skis, ATVs, or motorcycles ever again.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:40 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,628,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I disagree about shooting the culprits responsible for this horrible act. Personally, I'm glad Wisconsin is one of a very few states that does not have capital punishment on its book. However, I do believe these guys need to serve some hard-time (at least 5-10 years). I also think they should never be allowed to own firearms ever again; they should never be allowed to hunt or fish ever again; and they should never be allowed to own snowmobiles, motor boats, RVs, jet skis, ATVs, or motorcycles ever again.
That sounds like the perfect punishment. To bad you weren't the DA.lol

Old 06-17-2009, 05:38 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,998,499 times
everyone has their own opinion, but im from the eye for an eye school. 5-10 yrs of actual time served would be nice, but never happen. pple that kill animals for a thrill are very sick individuals, serial killers often started out by killing defenseless animals. funny no one mentioned the tradegy of the poor kitten roasted alive in nyc. that young woman will never be rehabilitated nor will these 2 sickos, its something not right in their heads. take away their right to own a gun or atv, that will not cure the bend in their mind to do such things, or see it as acceptable behavior.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:14 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,041,234 times
seems no different in WI then the # of drivers who continue to be allowed on the road after multiple dui's. The book appears to be thrown harder at white collar criminals then those who can cause more physical pain and suffering ( whether to animals or humans ).
And the point made about starting on animal abuse and falling into a darker hole is a correct one. Add to the fact at least some of these guys have a criminal past; they need to be off the street period.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:55 AM

83 posts, read 232,660 times
what ever happened with UW football coach Barry Alvarez's son? I remember that sick little puppy putting a parrot in a microwave a while his dad was still at UW. Probably got away with it because of who is dad is.

Maybe someone needs to "accidently" run down this Robby. oops...didn't see ya there Mr. Kuenzi

Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 AM

I thought about that as well. Seems if anything it was a misdemeanor charge.
Heck, watch those "Animal Precinct" shows on Animal planet channel-- some insane amounts of cruelty, with just the "possibility" of jail time. Most likely a fine is what each ends up with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossi1 View Post
what ever happened with UW football coach Barry Alvarez's son? I remember that sick little puppy putting a parrot in a microwave a while his dad was still at UW. Probably got away with it because of who is dad is.

Maybe someone needs to "accidently" run down this Robby. oops...didn't see ya there Mr. Kuenzi

Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,084,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
seems no different in WI then the # of drivers who continue to be allowed on the road after multiple dui's. The book appears to be thrown harder at white collar criminals then those who can cause more physical pain and suffering ( whether to animals or humans ).
And the point made about starting on animal abuse and falling into a darker hole is a correct one. Add to the fact at least some of these guys have a criminal past; they need to be off the street period.
What a ridiculous thing to say. Tell that to the nearly 2 million people serving time in our nation's penal system. Petty crimes like drug possession account for the majority of people behind bars. The vast majority of those petty offenders are poor minorities, not wealthy CEOs. I could easily argue that white-collar criminals do more harm than violent offenders. Somebody like Bernie Madoff who embezzled billions of dollars from his clients will adversely effect the lives of thousands of people versus a petty criminal who robs a liquor store and adversely effects a handful of people.

I totally agree with the fact that people who harm animals usually go on to commit violent acts against their fellow man, but you can't prosecute somebody for what they might do. That's essentially locking people up for their thoughts rather than their actions. Didn't anyone see Minority Report?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:43 AM

it's just an opinion, we don't have to agree on things......maybe I should have worded it that too many who commit a crime that affects the lives of others are not punished what i feel are deeply enough.
how is it those with the multiple dui's are on the street? that's not a serious offense? How many times does anyone deserve another chance? Once is enough.
I've seen plenty of times where someone with a minor offense seems to get the longer time ( whether it's possession, check fraud, etc ) yet those tied to a more violent behavior are out after lesser time. Not every time but it happens. And i'm not ignorant to the point of thinking the Madoff's of the world don't have it easy. Even if/when they do spend time in jail. If it's illegal, then pay the price when you're caught.
What these idiots did to those animals is pure cruelty ( NOT hunting ) and they should be punished for it. And if they have a criminal history ( which I believe was already brought out they did ), then they have already shown they are going further down that path.
Personally, i think the punishment in many cases doesn't fit the crime.
Oh, and Minority Report was just an OK movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
What a ridiculous thing to say. Tell that to the nearly 2 million people serving time in our nation's penal system. Petty crimes like drug possession account for the majority of people behind bars. The vast majority of those petty offenders are poor minorities, not wealthy CEOs. I could easily argue that white-collar criminals do more harm than violent offenders. Somebody like Bernie Madoff who embezzled billions of dollars from his clients will adversely effect the lives of thousands of people versus a petty criminal who robs a liquor store and adversely effects a handful of people.

I totally agree with the fact that people who harm animals usually go on to commit violent acts against their fellow man, but you can't prosecute somebody for what they might do. That's essentially locking people up for their thoughts rather than their actions. Didn't anyone see Minority Report?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin