Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:25 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times

Advertisements

Is Oak Creek a good town to relocate to?

Any pros or cons? Any comments on the:

Employment
Housing
Commuting
Cost of Living
Friendliness
weather

etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 08:53 PM

Hummmmmmmm............I guess everyone has left for Florida?

Old 12-19-2009, 09:51 AM

105 posts, read 357,651 times
Default guess no one from Oak Creek reads these boards!

I have only driven through it.
My impression is not too much going on there. Why are you asking? Do you have a job offer? If not, Milwaukee would be a much better place to be looking for a job. My perception of Oak Creek is a sleepy community where most people commute elsewhere to their jobs. COL, weather, etc. would be just about the same as Milwaukee area in general. Housing and property taxes are probably less.... I could be wrong, but there is apparently no one else here to prove it!

Old 12-19-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfeathers View Post
I have only driven through it.
My impression is not too much going on there. Why are you asking? Do you have a job offer? If not, Milwaukee would be a much better place to be looking for a job. My perception of Oak Creek is a sleepy community where most people commute elsewhere to their jobs. COL, weather, etc. would be just about the same as Milwaukee area in general. Housing and property taxes are probably less.... I could be wrong, but there is apparently no one else here to prove it!
Yes, I have a job offer and it is a very good one.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:30 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
I like Oak Creek it is your typical suburb with nice homes, very safe, great schools and a lot of green space. Close to downtown Milwaukee. Northern Oak Creek you will hear a lot of plane noise on Sundays and Wednesdays but once you live near the airport after awhile you won't even hear the planes anymore. You can get a bigger home and yard for a good price in Oak Creek. They have a lot of McMansions. I would relocate their, you may want to rent for 6 months and see what areas you like first before buying a house.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I like Oak Creek it is your typical suburb with nice homes, very safe, great schools and a lot of green space. Close to downtown Milwaukee. Northern Oak Creek you will hear a lot of plane noise on Sundays and Wednesdays but once you live near the airport after awhile you won't even hear the planes anymore. You can get a bigger home and yard for a good price in Oak Creek. They have a lot of McMansions. I would relocate their, you may want to rent for 6 months and see what areas you like first before buying a house.
I like the safe part. Plane noise has never bothered me as I am a pilot in training. I would rather have a very energy efficient home than a "McMansion". They are a waste of money in my opinion. I would rather have the great schools, open spaces and trails to jog, bike and hike on.
Now if it weren't so chilly in the winter it would be a perfect place!

Old 12-20-2009, 07:11 PM

438 posts, read 1,731,212 times
Oak Creek is nice. The home prices run the gamut. Depends on what you're going for in sq footage and lot size. The location is nice. Close to Lake Michigan so we get the lake effect to keep summers a little cooler. Many people drive into downtown Milwaukee for work. Schools are good. Stores are close (Pick n Save, Woodman's, Target, Kohl's, etc). Bike trails run through and you'll see many people walking dogs or riding bikes.

Good luck! Dea

Old 12-20-2009, 07:11 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Now if it weren't so chilly in the winter it would be a perfect place!
That's what I keep telling myself! Oak Creek has some shoreline along lake Michigan and a lot of parks and parkways.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:29 PM

83 posts, read 99,576 times
Oak Creek is OK. I knew somone when I worked for Midwest that lived in Oak Creek. Typical suburb with alot of decent food within a short drive. The biggest drawback with Oak Creek is that the airport is fairly close, so you get alot of jet noise.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:51 PM

17 posts, read 37,267 times
Oak Creek is a good up and coming suburb, property prices are on a steady rise there, good social services and overall, one of the better suburbs of Milwaukee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin