Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 02:00 PM

48 posts, read 122,369 times

Advertisements

Steve Stricker should be the poster icon for Wisconsin. He is not only what is right about WI but one of the lone hopes for professional sports where humility and decorum are seen as a publicity weakness. I guess he was born in Edgerton, if so, you people have a lot to be proud of in that man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 06:15 PM

48 posts, read 122,369 times
Default Steve Stricker-YOU'VE GOT TO KNOW HIM WISCONSIN

Okay Wisconsites, even if you're more into snowbiling, ice fishing, wake boarding or hockey you've got to realize what a class act Wisconsin has produced in Steve Stricker. In a time jaded by the excesses of sports' personalities, Steve produces a third straight win at the John Deere-in the long life of American golf only seventeen have done it...and none with more rural elan than Mr. Stricker. Please, somebody on this board tell me they recognize his contribution to Wisconsin golf via his play at Lake Ripley Country Club and in Edgerton at the Towne Country Club. I've never met him but admire his on course demeanor.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:39 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Big golf fan here and I also would agree with your statement. Class act indeed, Steve is consistently near or in the top 20 every tournament he plays. I just wish my guy Mark Wilson had a better showing on the final day shooting a 74.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
When I lived in Madison, the sportscasters never failed to highlight how Steve Stricker fared in that week's golf tournament. He's not forgotten there.

FWIW, they also never failed to mention how Matt Kenseth fared in the current NASCAR race and qualifying. Steve Stricker might have competition for most-loved non-team sports figure in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: