Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 10:22 PM

924 posts, read 2,231,591 times

Advertisements

I want Mary, a married supervisor to come clothes shopping with me. It will be a way for us to improve our relationship on a more casual level, rather than the all business no pleasure one we have now. And it should break the ice a bit seeing as she's gotten all rigid on me lately. An ice queen of sorts.
But for some reason I imagine her husband getting jealous or thinking I have an ulterior motive for asking his very cute wife to go shopping with me. Then again my SIL offered the same thing and she's married too.

Women, yes there, I said it, when a single guy asks you to join them for clothes shopping, does it make a difference whether or not you're married? I suppose if the guy was gay and you knew it was strictly platonic, then you might feel more comfortable joining him on a personal mission like this. But obviously not every guy who looks forward to shopping is gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,807,558 times
I'm a woman, but if I was the husband I'd feel perfectly safe b/c I'd assume he's gay. But maybe this is another one of those weird dating schemes you've dreamed up?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:01 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,068,485 times
Even if that guy isn't gay, the girl might go along for the adventure, but when it comes to relationships, she would put it off, but be available for anything involving shopping together.

I saw this guy who tried to get close to every woman he could.. people thought he was gay. He wasn't getting an actual relationship, but he did get superficial female friends sometimes at the school from always trying to get close. They just kept him at a distance when it came to dating, but kinda tollerated him in their company even being flirty with them and everything. A Boston girl would tell him to F off. In Florida, I think the girls often times like to play with emotions or it may be a Minnesota trait as well since one girl was from Minnesota and didn't seem to mind engaging flirtaciously even with others when in reality, nobody had a chance actually dating her. Minnesota nice phenomenon? Maybe. She had baggage a mile long too. A workaholic, moved too fast for her yrs. Instant turn offs to someone like me.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:00 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
I want Mary, a married supervisor to come clothes shopping with me. It will be a way for us to improve our relationship on a more casual level, rather than the all business no pleasure one we have now. And it should break the ice a bit seeing as she's gotten all rigid on me lately. An ice queen of sorts.
But for some reason I imagine her husband getting jealous or thinking I have an ulterior motive for asking his very cute wife to go shopping with me. Then again my SIL offered the same thing and she's married too.

I think your company's human resources/risk management department will advise against this.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:23 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times

Old 12-18-2010, 04:57 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
I'm guessing she's just been waiting for you to ask her something along these lines and will leap at the opportunity to forge a friendly relationship with you outside the office and help you choose some outfits. You wouldn't want the other women in the office to feel left out, though, so I'd just drop her a little note to ask her. I really don't think her husband would mind at all. After all, it's just a little shopping expedition. DO be sure and let us know how it works out.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:50 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,028,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post

Women, yes there, I said it, when a single guy asks you to join them for clothes shopping, does it make a difference whether or not you're married? I suppose if the guy was gay and you knew it was strictly platonic, then you might feel more comfortable joining him on a personal mission like this. But obviously not every guy who looks forward to shopping is gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.
You don't have much in the way of social skills do you? Irrespective of marriage, asking a co-worker you DON'T appear to have a friendly relationship with to go clothes shopping with you is just plain strange.

I'd suggest there is a very good reason why she has "gotton all rigid" on you, she obviously does not like your attempts to forge a relationship with her. Back away.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:00 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,639,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
You don't have much in the way of social skills do you? Irrespective of marriage, asking a co-worker you DON'T appear to have a friendly relationship with to go clothes shopping with you is just plain strange.

I'd suggest there is a very good reason why she has "gotton all rigid" on you, she obviously does not like your attempts to forge a relationship with her. Back away.
*LOL* No kidding.

If this guy came up to me at work, a guy that seriously on here shows time and time again to be completely oblivious to be without social skills, I would politely decline-- although I am sure my face would have the look of.. "You are nuts, you know that?"

Old 12-18-2010, 12:15 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,525,176 times
Shouldn't this be in the relationship thread?

Old 12-18-2010, 12:28 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Shouldn't this be in the relationship thread?
It's a supervisor at work we're discussing and how to make her less of an 'ice queen' to him. Oh, in this case, it's definitely a work situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment